Print Head Cleaning App?

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I moved from Windows to Mac recently, with Windows I used an app called Qimage Ultimate for printing and for the need to clean print heads on a regular basis unfortunately the app does not work on Mac, there is a version made by a different company but as I don't do as much printing anymore the cost just to get the print head cleaning option is not viable, I found that the Qimage app did a great job and used 1/3rd of the ink to do what the printer manufactures offer up, ink is not the cheapest of photography hobby so anyone use a Mac app for giving the print heads a clean. Just a side note, with Qimage you could set an interval time when if left to do it's thing auto ran a cleaning cycle either once a week or when you were away on holidays etc. Thanks, Russ.

AFAIK this cross platform version of Qimage was created with the agreement of the Qimage developer.

Though no idea whether on the Mac is has the head cleaner cycle?

AFAIK this cross platform version of Qimage was created with the agreement of the Qimage developer.

Though no idea whether on the Mac is has the head cleaner cycle?
Yes that is the one I mentioned in my op but quite an expensive way to clean the heads, used qimage for many years but again as I said in the op don't do so much printing now so would be an expensive head clean option. Russ.

Yes that is the one I mentioned in my op but quite an expensive way to clean the heads, used qimage for many years but again as I said in the op don't do so much printing now so would be an expensive head clean option. Russ.
Ah! sorry I missed that in my first read-through.

I just use the Epson software, that does head cleaning and alignment as well

Yes but that's where you start spending more on ink, there software is made to use more ink that is not really needed to clean, you spend more money. JMO.

I googled some more and found some links about, on Windows, running a batch file to run a nozzle check... ..might have been one too that will run a head clean cycle. NB and FWIW I have a batch file to use when the print spooler needs clearing .

So, can something similar be performed on a Mac?

Back