Printer blockage tips ? Epson r1400

Coley.

Bryant Gumble
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

Ive got an epson r1400 printer with a permajet cis system fitted. From experience ive learned if i dont do atleast 1 print a week i end up with blockages. Usually i just print a random page if i remember just to keep them flowing smoothly. Im not sure whether its the rise in temperature weve been having lately, or simply because ive forgot to print a page that week, but i now have a blockage. :razz::thumbsdown: I took some nice piccys of my niece at the weekend and have been gagging to get them printed for her dad and grandad :(

Occasionally in the past it has been rectified by head cleans, then if still blocked i have used a syringe to inject cleaner through the .............thingy that the cartridge plugs onto (jet :shrug:) I gave it a blast last night without success. Since i ran out of the 'special printer head cleaner' i've now started trying isopropanol. Im putting rolled up tissue under the head then removing and replacing it after each flush-

I still have major suction when trying to pull up the syringe and also major resistance when i try pushing down the syringe. The tissue papers getting damp so it must be working its way through. Im just a bit concerned. Ive never had this much of a problem clearing a printer blockage before.

Have any of you any stories that might give me a little hope ? Im going to keep flushing it daily untill friday and if nothing changes i might have to go down the take it to bits route instead :shake: Hopefully the others wont block up while all this is going on.

Any help/advice would be greatly greatly appreciated ;)

Simon

Thanks for the info (y) I use to use the ssc utility when i had me epson r200. I'll try there website tonight to see if its compatible with mine.

I feel im in a strange situation. I'd like to retry with the cartridge back in- but then i might make more get jammed there or i just stick to morning and evening flushing and wait till friday. I've got a bad feeling about it this time :puke:

Simon

Back