Printer capable of card

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a printer that is able to print simple text onto card? (Blank greetings card to be exact).

I won't use it for much else except the odd thing here and there, mainly letters I suppose as I do all my photo printing with a lab.

Would be nice for it to have wifi and a scanner but not essential.

Also not looking to spend the world.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Many inkjet printers will take 300gsm card in the single feed tray - and companies like online paper sell inkjet blank cards with a crease ready to fold.

Most lazers will do a 240gsm card but have problems with 300 or higher - there is one that does up to 500 gsm card - but its thousands...

One alternative is to do dye transfer - where you print onto a special paper a mirror image then transfer with a heat press - same as t-shirts and mugs

most printers can print on fairly thick paper on spec but they can have trouble actually feeding it through. the thicker the paper the less flexible it is.

If you can pick up an earlier Canon Pixma MP 750, 760 or 780 - preferably with print problems (Will cost less) these are very able printers and also print direct to CD or card up to a certain size.

Re the print problem - not an issue. You then buy a new print head and you have a new printer that will last years. Head cost Approx £50.

I've one of the Canon iP range and it's very good - it also has a rear feed so if you are using thinck paper / card it's not having to bend it to get it through the printer. Is worth checking if the mP range also have this rear feed option.

Back