Printer problems.

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I am having problems with my printer, can you help.

The printer will not print. I get the error message "There is no paper in the Manual feed tray" even though there are 6 sheets of paper.

I have cleaned the roller according to the maintenance she dual.

The printer is a Canon Pixma Pro 200 connected to a iMac.

Last edited:
I found this Canon guide to using the manual feed tray and what struck me was....
Min paper size
Single sheets only
Portrait not landscape orientation

Link https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART177837

Lastly, have you used the manual feed tray before and did it print AOK? If so, can you think (based on the above linked guide and my observations) of any changes you to your usage method that has changed?

I found this Canon guide to using the manual feed tray and what struck me was....
Min paper size
Single sheets only
Portrait not landscape orientation

Link https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART177837

Lastly, have you used the manual feed tray before and did it print AOK? If so, can you think (based on the above linked guide and my observations) of any changes you to your usage method that has changed?
I have not had the problem in the 2 & 1/2 years I have had the printer. I have always used the Manuel tray. What has happened I printed out a letter, then an envelope and switched off, Next day switched the iMac on and the printer then I got the error message.

:thinking:
Is the message coming up on the printer or the print dialogue on the computer?

Does it print a nozzle check AOK when done via the printer controls?

I am not a Mac user but have read of issues where the Airprint driver can cause a raft of headaches........and sometimes if the Mac updates it helpfully(?) set the Airprint driver as default where it was not even being used before.

Sorry if I am adding 4+4 and making that 5

Last edited:
:thinking:
Is the message coming up on the printer or the print dialogue on the computer?

Does it print a nozzle check AOK when done via the printer controls?
The message does come up on the computer and nozzle check okay.

The message does come up on the computer and nozzle check okay.
Hmmm!
My perception is that if the nozzle check sheet is printed AOK but the 'send to print' from the computer is failing, it sounds more like a computer issue than a printer one!

Hopefully a Mac user or two will be along soon to give more informed guidance.

PS can I suggest you edit your title to include that it is Mac on the mix with your printer problem :)

Check that your driver hasn't switched to the Air Print driver.

I've had a couple of times where after an update the print driver has switched to Air Print.
Thanks but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks for your suggestions, I contacted Canon (whilst I was doing nothing) and they talk me through the answer, so everything's okay now.

Thanks for your suggestions, I contacted Canon (whilst I was doing nothing) and they talk me through the answer, so everything's okay now.
For those reading this in future perhaps you can confirm that the Airprint driver was the cause of your problem?

If not that that cause, did Canon say what the issue was???

For those reading this in future perhaps you can confirm that the Airprint driver was the cause of your problem?

If not that that cause, did Canon say what the issue was???
The techie from Canon altered a multitude settings so I could not remember what he did.

The techie from Canon altered a multitude settings so I could not remember what he did.
No problem.......the important thing is that he got you sorted out and that you can now print as needed :)

Having just bought a new Mac mini , I also could not get my printer to work ,despite downloading The drivers , my lad sorted it they have changed the drivers download for the latest OS system .
Problem cured but it’s easy to be caught out ,make sure your using the correct drivers same as your o.s

Having just bought a new Mac mini , I also could not get my printer to work ,despite downloading The drivers , my lad sorted it they have changed the drivers download for the latest OS system .
Problem cured but it’s easy to be caught out ,make sure your using the correct drivers same as your o.s
Yes so easy to be caught to. The 1st thing I did was to update to new drivers, I have been caught out befor.

Back