Printer profiles

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
No
Hi, need some help please with printing. I have an epson r1900 with a continuous ink flow system from fotospeed. I
am looking for advise on printing from Photoshop and the options to select for example I believe it is best to select Photoshop to manage colours? Also setting up printer profiles as I have made some prints and the colours are not as bold as they are on screen (screen is calibrated).

What profile are you using.

Depending on the paper you have selected my guess is that you need a custom profile taking into account the Fotospeed CIS you are using.Have a word with Fotospeed as they offer a profiling service which apears to be free if you are using Fotospeed paper

I have tried the epson profile and adobe srgb profile. I am just downloading some profiles from fotospeed to try but o suspect I will need to get a custom profile created

Epson profiles I've found to be a bit to "general" even with Epson consumables. The problem is you are using Fotospeed ink. and the characteristics of the ink/paper combination are going to be different to that with Epson ink.

It's a custom profile job I suspect

fotospeed speed supply general profiles for their ink and papers. anything else you'll need a custom one made. fotopseed will do free ones for their papers and hahnemuhle IIRC

I have tried the general Fotospeed profile for gloss paper but used Epson paper (I know that defeats the object a little) and the results were slightly better so I think custom profile is the way forward

Back