printer woes

paulc

Is leaving, again.
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
After buying an epson RX560 in August for 82.00 from staples and spending 38.00 for each set of cartridges, I decided to get some compatibles especially since cleaning the heads used about 1/8th of the cartridges everytime I installed a new cartridge...so cutting to the chase, the compatibles have worked faultlessly for 3 sets and then suddenly the printer started showing an error saying "cannot recognise ink cartridges" all 6 of them, I have turned it on and off and removed and reinstalled the printer on my pc all to no avail, I have removed and refitted the cartridges but it is still the same, I have even hot swapped 3 genuine cartridges from my neigbours RX360 and they dont get recognised either.
I also downloaded and installed the SCC printer utility to try and reset the ink shots...in vane.

Here is the rub, Epson say that unless I install a set of genuine inks, they do not want to know about giving support, so what do I do...buy a set of genuine inks that will be wasted if I have to send my printer away for repair or just chuck the printer and buy another one, after all, the inconvenience and for an added forty quid I could get a brand new printer with new genuine cartridges
it is madness!

has anyone else had this error using compatibles with an RX printer....the reason for me purchasing compatibles in the first place was the ink charging on start up and head cleaning, it is rediculous and a rip off...dont get me wrong, I am happy to buy the genuine inks but dont like getting my eye wiped every 3 or 4 weeks.

thanks for the bump m8, by way of an update, I managed to get the number of Epsons local service centre so I rang them up and the guy there was more than helpful and said as long as I have my sales reciept he was not concerned about compatibles being installed, so I took it down there this morning and he reckons that the printer has an eeprom fault or something like that.

So all is not lost and a repair or replacement is imminent.

In the meantime I am using my old epson 890 and am beginning to wonder why on earth I changed my printer in the first place...Oh yes I just remembered, so my two daughters can waste reams of paper photocopying things whilst playing school...lol

thanks m8, I saw that and many other similar articles...I searched until my eyes bled, although at least I now know that the printer is at fault...I didn't think that compatibles would damage the printer, or rather I hoped not.

If you use compatible cartridges after a while the printer throws up a fault code,even when you go back to genuine cartridges it is still there.The service engineer just comes out and uses a cd thro your computer to fix it. The R series is known for this.I found out the hard way

If you use compatible cartridges after a while the printer throws up a fault code,even when you go back to genuine cartridges it is still there.The service engineer just comes out and uses a cd thro your computer to fix it. The R series is known for this.I found out the hard way

I cannot find any evidence of the R series being known for it, or the existance of a service cd, but I am going to have another trawl of the net, I am sure there would something on the net if it is common.

cheers for the advice.

Back