Printers

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
My mate has a sony printer which he says cost him a grand.

1) Is he winding me up?

2) I'm looking for a printer which will give me top quality prints of my photographs. Can anybody advise me which one to go for?

I use an Epson R1400 on Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte. It cost me $329 Canadian. Fantastic machine, great prints at 13x19 inches (max print size) and spits out 6x4's at reasonable speeds too. The Hi-Def Claria inks are cost effective too.

I have a Canon iP4500 (new model is 4600) and very pleased with results, sed to have an Epson and disappointed with it as well as problems with ink cartridges - search for the thread on epson printers on here. (y)

Sounds like it may be a Dye Sub printer to me. Not sure if it's the sort you would want.

There are some excellent printers around at a 1/3 to 1/2 that price. It all really depends what size you want to produce. Bigger the print the more it costs

Have a look at Vincent Olivers web site for some practical reviews and comparrisons

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/

I have a Mitsubishi CP9550DW that I use for eventing, cost me £1300 but they are now around the £900.00 level including VAT. You can't fault the quality of a dye sub, neither can you fault the speed of them. The biggest problem isn't the cost of the media as they work out cheaper than inkjet but the quantity that you have to buy makes it expensive. A roll opf 9x6 costs around £80.00 but you get 270 shots off of it.

I have the Epson r1400 as mentioned above its a great printer.

I have a small sony dye-sub printer but only does 6x4's

Back