Printing 8x12 or 8x10

Edit My Images
No
I am hoping that someone can help me out here.

I have been trying to print 8x12 and 8x10 photograph using both Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC and for some reason I keep getting a while boarder. I would really appreciate it if someone could offer me any advice.

Obvious question..................what size is the paper you are printing on?

What size is the paper in the printer?

Its a sublimation printer so its on a roll and the printer cuts it based on my specification.

the printer is a DNP DS80

So to rule out CC and Lightroom, when you save the image for print is it 3000px x 2400px? Can you print a 3000px x 2400px image without a border without using LR or CC?
What software are you using with your Dye Sub? Does the software have a 'borderless' option?
Try saving an image at 3000px x 2400px, you should be able to print a it using the windows software without a border.

I will give it a try I have never printed outside of the Adobe programmes before.

I will give it a try I have never printed outside of the Adobe programmes before.

What ratio have you cropped the shot to? Is it a 3:2 aspect In the crop control choose 3:2 then crop for best fit then you should be set to print at any 3:2 ratio print so 6 X 4 - 12 X 8 - 6 X 9 or 12 x 18 if you had a capable printer for all - Not sure the DS80's capability but it does 8 x 12 so you need to feed it 8 x 12 cropped for print shot.

You can also crop for 10 x 8 in the same way. This is how its worked for my DS40 on 6 x 9 and 6 x 4's

Hope that helps

Last edited:
I have seen similar on the ds40 but we always used mounts so it was hidden. The driver for these is pretty pants but I am sure there is a setting in there for a border.
Have also seen this in Lightroom where I made a 9x6 inch print template but it printed slightly under, turns out canon native crop is not 1-1:5

Oddly enough I don't have any problems with my DS40 when printing 6x9.

I'm beginning to wonder if it is a mac problem as since I upgraded my software none of my templates worked for keyrings etc and since I just bought a new MBP its all gone to pants on the DS80. :mad:

So to rule out CC and Lightroom, when you save the image for print is it 3000px x 2400px? Can you print a 3000px x 2400px image without a border without using LR or CC?
What software are you using with your Dye Sub? Does the software have a 'borderless' option?
Try saving an image at 3000px x 2400px, you should be able to print a it using the windows software without a border.

I'm fine with every other size except the 8x12 or 8x10 and the thing is that it use to work perfectly fine.

I think you'll find the DNP80 will accept either an 8x10 or 8x12 media pack, so you'll need the correct size installed.

Back