Printing company recommendations

I am a pro photographer for a few years and I very rarely get my own portfolio printed.

Has anyone got any recommendations of good printers?

There's a lot of choice out there. Do you have any preference for inkjet or c-types? I recently compiled this information, listing a large number of options by all the different papers that can be chosen.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/print-labs-by-paper-offerings.116/

If you're not sure about papers, I recommend ordering the sample pack from ThePrintSpace. Even if you don't go with them in the long run, it's a great introduction to the diverse options.

Are you printing just a single portfolio which you the take with you and show to people? Or are you looking to print several smaller ones and give them out? If its the first I would go for a professional high street one so you can have a couple rounds of proofs etc and really get the photos looking right. If you're printing several you could go for a cheaper options. I did a few dozen copies which I sent out with my CV so obviously couldnt pay for premium paper and larger format etc. I used print24, it was decent quality for the price.

Also any particular format, how many photos etc?

Back