Printing from Lightroom Classic

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm having really problems printing from lightroom. When I try to print on 6x4 media, the edges are being cut off. The paper size is set correctly in the print dialogue for the printer, the margins are set to 0.00in and the cell size is set to 6in by 4in. I have no idea why it is doing this. Does anyone have any ideas, or can you point me towards a useful guide to printing in lightroom? The print module is probably the worst implemented thing in the whole package.

I find the print module really powerful.

What happens if you print to file rather than to the printer. That will test your template your using etc, then it'll point at the printer settings. Are you letting Lightroom control the printer?

What exactly do you mean by "the edges are being cut off"

Are your images at the correct aspect ratio for a 6x4 print?
In the print module, Under Image settings. Do you have Zoom to Fill ticked? This will cut off a portion of the image to make it fit into a 6x4 aspect ratio if the image is different.

I would say that the print module works perfectly and that the issue is the interface between the chair and keyboard.

What exactly do you mean by "the edges are being cut off"

Are your images at the correct aspect ratio for a 6x4 print?
In the print module, Under Image settings. Do you have Zoom to Fill ticked? This will cut off a portion of the image to make it fit into a 6x4 aspect ratio if the image is different.

I would say that the print module works perfectly and that the issue is the interface between the chair and keyboard.

There's no need to be so rude. If you can't be constructive, don't bother replying.

Thanks!

If you are printing border less, the printer will print slightly beyond the edges of the paper to make sure no white edges show. This will mean that the very edges of the image are missing, but it should not be very much.

SKR cameras use a 3 x 2 aspect ratio and this is the same as 6 x 4 paper so printing with a border should give you the entire image. If you have a compact camera of some sort, your sensor is likely to have a 5 x 4 aspect ratio and that will not fit on 6 x 4 paper without cropping.

I wasn't being rude at all. Clearly you lost your sense of humour.

I was also constructive, or did you just chose to ignore that bit.
Whatever.

I had a similar problem until I found out my cheap printer cannot print borderless photos. Could this be your problem?

I struggle with the print module in LR mainly because I rarely use it.

Trying to distinguish between humour and rudeness on Internet forums is not always easy.

The print module worked great for me as a tutor wanted prints with a border, in a certain way/format. I just made a custom template and used that.

Which printer do you have thats causing the issues?

I'm using an Epson XP750. It can do borderless, so the slight overlapping in the borders may be the issue. I will do some experimenting and see if that resolves it. Ta

Back