Printing from Lightroom

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
I have my library in LR as a series of folders which are dated and then titled. e.g. 2023-12-05 Wildcats v Lions
There are a series of grassroots football matches from each week, each with a large number of photos.
I want to print some diifferent shots at a small 'contact' scale e.g. 6x4cm onto a single A4 sheet.
If I am in one folder in the library it seems fairly simple to highlight the shots that I want and drag to the grid sheet in the print module.
However that does not seem possible to do from a series of folders.
Any ideas?

I have my library in LR as a series of folders which are dated and then titled. e.g. 2023-12-05 Wildcats v Lions
There are a series of grassroots football matches from each week, each with a large number of photos.
I want to print some diifferent shots at a small 'contact' scale e.g. 6x4cm onto a single A4 sheet.
If I am in one folder in the library it seems fairly simple to highlight the shots that I want and drag to the grid sheet in the print module.
However that does not seem possible to do from a series of folders.
Any ideas?
Put the pictures from multiple folders in a collection and print from there. The files aren't moved from their original folders.

Collections are great if it is a set of images that you want to be able to retrieve, if it is simply a one off thing, use the "quick collection", by pressing "B" on each image.

Collections are great if it is a set of images that you want to be able to retrieve, if it is simply a one off thing, use the "quick collection", by pressing "B" on each image.
This only seems to work for me if the quick collection is set as the target collection. Same as it does when I choose a collection I've made as the target.

Sorry, I didn't know that, I probably set the quick collection as the target collection sometime in the 16 years I've been using Lightroom, then assumed it was standard.

Sorry, I didn't know that, I probably set the quick collection as the target collection sometime in the 16 years I've been using Lightroom, then assumed it was standard.
I was surprised to find I had a random selection of shots in my quick collection when I checked what you'd posted! :LOL:

This only seems to work for me if the quick collection is set as the target collection. Same as it does when I choose a collection I've made as the target.
That seems to be the case - there seems to be only one target collection at any time and my Quick Collection has the + sign next to it. I have now set up a Football collection and need to set the + to it before I press B
The Quick Collection seems to be the default. It must have been there when I first started using LR. I certainly did not assign the + to it. :)
I was surprised to find I had a random selection of shots in my quick collection when I checked what you'd posted! :LOL:
So was I !! 638 photos in it and I have never knowingly sent one there or pressed the B button :thinking:
Yes, I get that too. I've never understood how they get there.
My 638 are all random - from all years and all types. I have tried to see if I can find a common denominator but failed:)

Also it is a little confusing that the Quick Collection is in the Catalogue panel but any custom collections created are in the Collections panel.

But anyway I think that this advice is going to be an immeasurable help in sorting my shots more easily from now on.(y)

Back