Printing Newbie

Name
angelo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
Apologies beforehand but i feel like a complete newb but i need some help!
Upto now i haven't printed many photos off and tend to keep them on a PC but id thought id try to print off a select few A4 size colour and black and white ones using an OKI C810 printer or a HP cp1700. However, most of the photos have lines and just don't look very good. I have tried various settings in the printer setups with some varying degree of success but overall its not what i would expect.
Would you recommend i print from CS5? im currently printing from Windows or the standard Picasa photoviewer?
Thanks in advance:)

Lines in a print usually means one of the printers nozzles are blocked, try running your printers head cleaning program. Also make sure your printer settings are at their highest quality for the paper you are using and not set to draft mode.

What I have found when running prints on a home printer, As the previous comment said run the cleaning program.

Depending on the printer, there will be a number of easy to follow instructions, you may need to refer to you manual for your model.

You will be able to run a nozzle check, clean, a head alignment, then print.

Words of advice (for home printers):

Try not to print a photo then follow it with text and then a photo. Where appropriate run all text together, then photos.

Try not to run high key and low key images mixed. In other words, Run dark pictures together, and run light pictures together.

You may(or will) have to run your printer head maintenance (as above) two or three times in a row, then again after a few pages of prints.

Make sure you have selected the correct paper type for output, your printer will use different amounts of ink for different paper. This could leave streaks or blotches on glossy paper, or imply saturate matte paper.

As for what program to print from, that is up to you. I have printed direct from Aperture with stunning results (after a few head cleans). I have printed from Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign all with stunning results.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Back