Printing with Epson R285

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Is anyone here using the Epson R285. If so have you had any issues with you prints coming ouut darker than the displayed image.

I have tried printing the image from Lightroom 2 and Elements 6 and the issue is still there images are much darker than on screen.

this is not on my machine this is a friends that is using Windows based software. Both of the monitors are calibrated and we are using the correct Epson profiles for the printer.

Any tips anyone.....

Am I soing something wrong and not realising it.....

Nigel:bang::bang:

Cowasaki

I am logged in other users account but thanks for the information I am just downloading the info...

Cheers

Shutterman

Nigel

Yes.
I have the exact same printer and i found this to be the case.
I phoned Epson and they basically blamed everything apart from the printer, epson ink, and the epson paper. (strange that).
See if this works for you.
Prior to printing just adjust the exposure or brightness a little to the plus side.
That seems to work for me but i agree its not a brilliant long term solution as it means having 2 saved copies of the same picture.

I have a similar problem too, and thought it was because I do not colour manage properly, but I guess not.

Yes.
I have the exact same printer and i found this to be the case.
I phoned Epson and they basically blamed everything apart from the printer, epson ink, and the epson paper. (strange that).
See if this works for you.
Prior to printing just adjust the exposure or brightness a little to the plus side.
That seems to work for me but i agree its not a brilliant long term solution as it means having 2 saved copies of the same picture.

I used to do this too, but realised it can lose some of the detail in the highlights.

What I do now is prior to printing -

• Create an LEVELS Adjustment Layer
  • Drag the MIDDLE slider to the LEFT so it reads about 1.67
  • Done
All this does is brighten the midtones and that was enough for me. Also, you do not lose any highlights.

Back