printing

Edit My Images
No
any advice on matching the colours i see on the screen to the colours the printer prints?

I have an epson r200 that i believe should print nice pictures and it does. But the colours dont always match what Isee on the monitor.

Any advice?

There are multiple ways to calibrate your monitor and printer. The best way seems to be purchase a monitor calibration tool and pass the ICC profile to the printer, or something along those lines. I'm no expert at it. Numerous posts on here about it though. :) Good luck. The world of color management is a pill.

Ideally profiling and calibrating your monitor is the best course of action, however there may be other ways to make things better.

First question is in what way don't the prints match the screen. If it is a simple overall colour balance then when you start to print it may be possible to make a correction for this.

The Epson printer has a colour matching option which enables you to make a change to the way the printer prints your images. Clock on printing preferences, select advanced options. and choose the "colour Controls" tick box
You'll see several sliders that change the colour of the printed result. You can use this to make changes to compensate for the monitor / printer miss match. OK it's not ideal but if your prints are always too blue than you can use this to compensate. If you make a change save the changes using the "Save Settings" button. Just make sure you select the correct setting every time you print

Back