Printing

Edit My Images
Yes
Went to Silverstone on Sunday and flung my car around the track.
Sadly I gave my camera to someone else who didnt do a brilliant job of capturing the moment! However they had some "pro" photographers on the job so I purchased some of their piccies. Including one print.

So after some manipulation I printed a few more off, but the quality of the print was not as good as the original even though the picture itself was batter because of being played with!

on to my question....

I have an Epson Photo R300 So I guess its designed for printing pictures???
Is it the paper I'm using? that is not glossy enough? I want a Print, like I would get if I went to a propper place who print things!!
How do I acheive this at home with my epson??
TIA

Although the printer is up to the job (just), the ink sadly is not,
you will need to buy very good ink, and that is not cheap.
i know cos i did a little stint at sericol (one of the worlds leading ink suppliers)
and some of that ink was £1000 per liter (UV yellow).
sorry if this dont help much.

you need to get pictures printed properly Andy

Colab are very good...

Get some Epson Premium Glossy paper. I find that produces the best results on the R300. :)

dont forget member discount for colab

and how bout showing us you batting round a racetrack? (not in the mondeo though was it??)

I print myself, and I cant tell the difference between mine and if they came from a lab. I have a canon, and I HAVE to use canon paper and genuine canon ink or they just dont cut the mustard! ;)

CT said:
Get some Epson Premium Glossy paper. I find that produces the best results on the R300. :)

I have the R200 (same engine as R300) and it gives really good results but you have to use good quality paper (y)

Get some Ilford paper from 7dayshop.com, Steep put me onto this paper and its great, just like lab paper, it comes in 2 forms....

Galerie Classic Pearl, nobbly slightly satin finish, just like proper pics.
Galerie Gloss i think it is, double check.

This stuff elsewhere is quite pricy, but 7day do 75 sheets for £17.99.

You can also go onto Ilfords website and download the colour profile for your R300, which is what I've got and get great results. HTH.

I use the epson photo glossy premium paper in my epson 950, results are very consistant.

too dark and lacking in shadow details, the screen looks great, the images never do.

I've just had my second order come back from colab and apart from 1 missing image :cautious: the prints are many times better.

Just tried one of the Ilford colour profiles with some Kodak picture paper , came out much better than the standard Epson profile.

Thanks Glen (y)

I use an R320 & Ilford Classic glossy as a main paper, great results I think, way better than my high res screen. I get good results on Epson too.

I do have to set the printing values every time to super high weave or whatever, slow speed etc....it has presets that you can store, but it always defaults to standard.

:)

I dont know if its me...but I cant get onto the Ilford website....tried last night and today.

I downloaded the profiles for SmoothHighgloss & Smoothgloss , could put them on my webspace or email them if you want :)

I've found if I print from "Windows" the print comes out dark, best to print from PS.

Thanks Mr Grubby, thats very kind of you....but its Classic Pearl I think Id be wanting. (y)

Thanks, Glen. Can anyone get this to open, I cant. Its the Ilford website thats the problem I think.

Thank you Mr. GRUBBY... all sorted now, and thanks to Glen too for your help.

No, but I bet you are!!! ;)

I use the R300, epson ink and i get my paper from ebay, which i have compared to the Ilford paper as my mate was using it. The paper from ebay is very good, as good as prints i have had done in the past.

I also print using a Epson 10000, on to Rolls of Matte, Gloss and Canvas, which also comes out stunning. (soon to be a 9800 hopefully)

Back