Prints A4 on A3 paper?

Name
David Bayley
Edit My Images
Yes
Just picked up a pixma ip8750 this afternoon, when printing from lightroom all the settings are saying paper size is A3 (tried A3+ too), print on same size. Fit to page and all that happens is a A4 print on A3 paper (upper right of the paper). Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

You're printing from Lightroom? Using the Print Module?

What is your screen showing?

1. Click the Page setup bottom left and make sure the paper size is set correctly (middle red ring)
2. Double check the LR window is displaying the correct paper type (left red ring)
3. On the main image window, make sure your image is taking up what seems like the right amount of space on the paper (right red ring)

My example has everything set up for A3+. You can see that LR is telling me the image will print to 12 x 16 inches which is about right for 13x19 paper.

htrwrthtr.JPG

You're printing from Lightroom? Using the Print Module?

What is your screen showing?

1. Click the Page setup bottom left and make sure the paper size is set correctly (middle red ring)
2. Double check the LR window is displaying the correct paper type (left red ring)
3. On the main image window, make sure your image is taking up what seems like the right amount of space on the paper (right red ring)

My example has everything set up for A3+. You can see that LR is telling me the image will print to 12 x 16 inches which is about right for 13x19 paper.

View attachment 264455

Thank you Harlequin, the issue was the cell size on the menu panel. It is now printing in A3+ as required.

When I did the preview it was filling the page, but I then clicked the image and it then showed the remainder of the print area :ty:

Thank you Harlequin, the issue was the cell size on the menu panel. It is now printing in A3+ as required.

When I did the preview it was filling the page, but I then clicked the image and it then showed the remainder of the print area :ty:

Didn’t think the Canon IP8750 could print A3 + Wow ! and I have got one

Yes, that's what attracted me to it for the price.

What's you thoughts on the printer quality? What's you intentions for the prints? I can't seem to decide between this and the canon 100S.
I'm in a positon where I'd likely be able to sell some prints and would love to hear if you're intending to do the same with this printer or I should reconsider the whole idea of at home printing.

Last edited:
Back