Beginner Prints per ink-refill ? [Printing Novice]

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
No
Morning,

I know there are countless calculators out there and a lot depends on the types of images / paper etc, but I'm looking for a ball park figure (+/i 25% say) .... in regards to how many prints one could expect.

I'm Veering towards the Epson SC-P600 printer (A3+) and had been looking at the Fotospeed Inks which for 125ml go for £25.99 (£230 for 9 inks). Now I happened to be speaking to another photographer the other day and he said that from 15ml ink cartridges he managed to get approx 25 prints (mixed color / black and white) with actually the main inks to run dry being the darker ones).

So for example with 125ml inks and a mixture of colour and black (50/50) and white could I expect around 60 prints (50% A4, 50% A3) before needing to refill a few / all of them, or would this figure be higher or lower?

Really at a complete loss as I try and figure out expected ongoing costs vs. lab (excluding price of printer)

cheers,

Nige

I've just ordered this printer, should be arriving today. I'm going to use the Marrutt inks which also look very good.

Can't say how many prints you'd get because it depends on a lot of factors but these guys seem to have put a lot of effort into calculation the running costs

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/epson-surecolor-p600-cost-per-print.html

Without reading it all, I would imagine that these costs are based on OEM inks.

Last edited:
I use the Fotospeed refillable cartidges in my Epson P1400 and the last time I needed to do a refill I couldn't remember where I'd put the box of inks :)

I cetrainly ger more than 60 prints (mostly A3 as I have a seperate printer for A4) per refill.

Hope that helps :)

Back