Prisoner in my own home!

Edit My Images
Yes
For the last five days I've been kept a prisoner in my own home!

Not because I'm a criminal or am under house arrest but because of DPD the so called "Delivery Experts"!

Las week I ordered some computer gear from Ebay from 4 different sellers totalling about £500 in all.

So far none of it has arrived even though it is advertised as "Next day delivery"

But none of this is the sellers fault - they sent the goods extremely rapidly - unfortunately all used DPD!

Since then it has been a catalogue of one failure after another and a load of total BS from DPD!

Apparently their drivers keep going to the same place - a house with a red door - why? - well unless it's a knocking shop I've no idea since it certainly isn't my house.

And they were even good enough to provide one of the sellers with a picture of it to prove they actually went there!

DPD red door.JPG

And various drivers have apparently gone there a number of times all leaving cards (so they claim) since no one was in!

And yet even though they seem to be totally unable to find my house 2 other couriers had no trouble at all with goods I ordered at the same time and delivered within 24 hours - one within 10 hours!

And as final irony when I put one tracking number into their site it declares that there is a problem with the site!

One good thing is that at least one Ebay seller informs me that they are in the process of changing to FedEx because of problems with DPD.

Let's hope they have better SatNavs than DPD!

Ah, Corby, Northants, that well known SatNav blackspot.
Maybe stick a post up outside your house with
"DPD Please deliver here" :)
Matt

Funny thing is personally I rate DPD to be the best courier I've ever dealt with never had an issue with them at all and love how I can track the driver when out for delivery

DPD will deliver to local collection point. Why not instruct them to do this?

Funny thing is personally I rate DPD to be the best courier I've ever dealt with never had an issue with them at all and love how I can track the driver when out for delivery

Agreed - head and shoulders above the rest. Never had a bit of bother with them.

BTW "
But none of this is the sellers fault - they sent the goods extremely rapidly - unfortunately all used DPD!
"
Yes, it may not be the seller's fault, but it is the seller's responsibility to get the goods to the purchaser.
I would not get into any dialogue with the carrier. It is for the seller to do that / get another carrier in order to fulfil his contractual obligations to the purchaser.

Last edited:
Agreed - head and shoulders above the rest. Never had a bit of bother with them.

BTW "
"
Yes, it may not be the seller's fault, but it is the seller's responsibility to get the goods to the purchaser.
I would not get into any dialogue with the carrier. It is for the seller to do that / get another carrier in order to fulfil his contractual obligations to the purchaser.

I know about that but unfortunately if the carrier said that he couldn'tt deliver he might then say that he left the parcels with a neighbour and under Ebay's rules I could lose £500!

At the end of the day all I want is my parcels and all the sellers want is that I get my parcels - it's only DPD who don't seem to give a toss!
DPD will deliver to local collection point. Why not instruct them to do this?

Because I don't know where they are - I don't have a car - they are very heavy - and I have a bad heart!

Apart from that a piece of p**s!

It also seems that their drivers are psychic!

Because I was told:

""Your parcel will be with you today between 10:54 and 11:54
Sep-04-17, 03:50 AM, Raunds NN9 6NY""

But the post about non delivery - Oh yes ANOTHER non delivery for a different parcel(!) said:

"We were unable to deliver your parcel as there was no one present to sign for the delivery; we left calling card number 25526271
Sep-04-17, 06:07 AM, Raunds NN9 6NY

So at 06:07 AM - over 4 hours before he arrived the driver knew that I wouldn't be in and, possibly by astral projection, left his calling card!!

So I wasted most of another day waiting for a driver who had absolutely no intention of doing the job he gets paid for!

WOW

Lies, Deceit and utter stupidity!

WELL DONE DPD!

Last edited:
this that is generally what i do

I don't know where it is.

I don't have a car.

They are all heavy items.

I have a bad heart.

Finally the vendor has actually paid for a delivery service to my house.

It also seems that their drivers are psychic!

Because I was told:

""Your parcel will be with you today between 10:54 and 11:54
Sep-04-17, 03:50 AM, Raunds NN9 6NY""

But the post about non delivery - Oh yes ANOTHER non delivery for a different parcel(!) said:

"We were unable to deliver your parcel as there was no one present to sign for the delivery; we left calling card number 25526271
Sep-04-17, 06:07 AM, Raunds NN9 6NY

So at 06:07 AM - over 4 hours before he arrived the driver knew that I wouldn't be in and, possibly by astral projection, left his calling card!!

So I wasted most of another day waiting for a driver who had absolutely no intention of doing the job he gets paid for!

WOW

Lies, Deceit and utter stupidity!

WELL DONE DPD!
That post code is a DPD warehouse :confused:

Can you provide them with a map/description of how to find you, possibly via the seller? Otherwise time to require a refund since the goods have clearly not been received.

Agree with others that generally DPD are the best - but in this case there's clearly a problem.

Do you always have problems with DPD? I know you said 2 other services found you fine but have DPD ever successfully delivered to you? If the drivers all keep going to the wrong building, it would appear to be a systematic issue with their satnav/routing that all of the drivers are following their scheduled route.

Agree that as a company it's not a good service but to blame the individual driver(s) in this instance seems a bit unfair.

As for leaving a note before your time slot - that's just because the parcels are on different vans with different drivers

I know about that but unfortunately if the carrier said that he couldn'tt deliver he might then say that he left the parcels with a neighbour and under Ebay's rules I could lose £500!

At the end of the day all I want is my parcels and all the sellers want is that I get my parcels - it's only DPD who don't seem to give a toss!

Because I don't know where they are - I don't have a car - they are very heavy - and I have a bad heart!

Apart from that a piece of p**s!

Hope it all works out well for you - and very soon. Not having the best of health puts a different complexion on it. You obviously don't want hassle. :)

Last edited:
Agree with others that generally DPD are the best - but in this case there's clearly a problem.

Do you always have problems with DPD? I know you said 2 other services found you fine but have DPD ever successfully delivered to you? If the drivers all keep going to the wrong building, it would appear to be a systematic issue with their satnav/routing that all of the drivers are following their scheduled route.

Agree that as a company it's not a good service but to blame the individual driver(s) in this instance seems a bit unfair.

As for leaving a note before your time slot - that's just because the parcels are on different vans with different drivers

So one van is travelling in a different time stream - wow - Doctor Who come on down!

It was quite simply a lie plain and simply because they couldn't be bothered - there is no other possible explanation.

And if it's a sytematic issue with their SatNavs there are such a thing as mobile phones - other couriers have called me in the past for directions with no problems and one of the sellers told me that the courier would call me from outside my house - guess what? - no call even though they had my number.

And since the drivers are the ones who keep making the same errors over and over again I DO blame them - and the company for knowing about it and doing nothing - or nothing effective.

Hope it all works out well for you - and very soon. Not having the best of health puts a different complexion on it. You obviously don't want hassle. :)

Thanks - but I don't mind hassleat all - I've had a bit in my life and it doesn't bother me at all:)

I don't know where it is.

I don't have a car.

They are all heavy items.

I have a bad heart.

Finally the vendor has actually paid for a delivery service to my house.

1. Find out. It's very easy.

2. I bet you know someone who does.

3. See above.

4. See above.

5. See above.

Is the service so far good enough? Clearly not.
But to not even attempt a rather simple solution is a little "cut your nose off to spite you face" ish.

Interlink 'couldn't find my house' a few times. It's code for can't be arsed or just too busy. DPD are usually the least awful of all. Could be a summer cover driver that's an imbecile.

It's worth downloading the DPD delivery tracking app. It might prompt them to work out where you actually are.

1. Find out. It's very easy.

2. I bet you know someone who does.

3. See above.

4. See above.

5. See above.

Is the service so far good enough? Clearly not.
But to not even attempt a rather simple solution is a little "cut your nose off to spite you face" ish.

1.The nearest one is a mile away - not very far if it was a small item - but 4 large boxes would mean a van and about £50

2. I don't

5 But mainly as I said I have paid for a delivery to my home, not to spend extra money because DPD are incapable of providing the service thtt boast about - and incidentally, charge for!

One of the vendors has now told me that if they are unsuccessful tomorrow at a re-delivery they will get it back and use a different courier.

Even they found my troubles well beyond what they expected.

Interlink 'couldn't find my house' a few times. It's code for can't be arsed or just too busy. DPD are usually the least awful of all. Could be a summer cover driver that's an imbecile.

It's worth downloading the DPD delivery tracking app. It might prompt them to work out where you actually are.

I don't have a smartphone.

1.The nearest one is a mile away - not very far if it was a small item - but 4 large boxes would mean a van and about £50

Or a taxi and a fiver.

5 But mainly as I said I have paid for a delivery to my home, not to spend extra money because DPD are incapable of providing the service thtt boast about - and incidentally, charge for!

Seeing as DPD offer that service as a convenience and you started the whole thread about how inconvenient they are I thought it may be useful for you. Clearly not

I ordered some new tyres, they were supposed to be delivered to our farm but it didn't happen.
The seller was told by the courier that they attempted delivery but there was nobody at home, and supplied a photo of a different farm as evidence:)
So it went out for delivery again, and they said that they couldn't deliver because the road is too narrow for their tranny-type van.... My response to this was to send them a photo of our 7.5 tonne horsebox, which is 8'2" wide and 26' long, parked on our drive.
Their next excuse was that they couldn't deliver because the access road is unsurfaced - which it isn't.

I then gave up and got the tyres delivered to a different address...

Seeing as DPD offer that service as a convenience and you started the whole thread about how inconvenient they are I thought it may be useful for you. Clearly not

It's not convenient for me!

Apart from that as I have already said both I and the vendor paid for a delivery service to my address not for me to have to pay more to get the items I actually paid for to be delivered elsewhere!

Not to mention all the lies, deceit and sheer stupidity of their drivers!

So one van is travelling in a different time stream - wow - Doctor Who come on down!

It was quite simply a lie plain and simply because they couldn't be bothered - there is no other possible explanation.

And if it's a sytematic issue with their SatNavs there are such a thing as mobile phones - other couriers have called me in the past for directions with no problems and one of the sellers told me that the courier would call me from outside my house - guess what? - no call even though they had my number.

And since the drivers are the ones who keep making the same errors over and over again I DO blame them - and the company for knowing about it and doing nothing - or nothing effective.

No time stream voodoo, just an understanding that DPD don't only have 1 man in a van covering the whole area at once. You said you're waiting on 4 parcels, they might not all be in the same van! The route calculator doesn't just look at distances it also factors in item size/weight.

Van one is due for delivery between 10:54 and 11:54 updated on the DPD website at 03:50 when the route planning system calculates the route.
Van two fails to deliver a completely different parcle to van one at 06:07

I agree with you about using the mobile phone and getting directions, however DPD drivers don't get paid if they don't deliver on time, including if they come too early (the route planner is calculated so finely that if they get there early then they must have been speeding). If they deviate from their route it would mess up their whole timing for the rest of the day and thus their pay - this isn't your fault and someone at DPD who's salaried should put their hand up and sort it out, but it won't be a driver who misses out on a load of his other timeslots for your benefit.

We had similar when Yodel tried to deliver in item clearly marked "1 of 2", asked the driver where 2 of 2 was and he shrugged and walked off. About 6 weeks later (after receiving a new 2 of 2 from the vendor) someone turned up that was the local depo manager, he found a load of old/missing parcels and was delivering them himself in the van with personal apologies - some of the stuff he was delivering may have been sitting around waiting for over 6 months since he last did a tidy up.

I'm assuming you have totally written off that the seller has made a slight mistake in your address and in fact the red door is actually the correct address that is on the items?

I'm assuming you have totally written off that the seller has made a slight mistake in your address and in fact the red door is actually the correct address that is on the items?

Of course I am - all were paid by my PayPal account and usually the address is printed automatically - I know this because I have had hundreds of items over the years using this method with no problems at all!

Even when the address has been handwritten they still get it correct and I still get my items.

Of course I am - all were paid by my PayPal account and usually the address is printed automatically - I know this because I have had hundreds of items over the years using this method with no problems at all!

Even when the address has been handwritten they still get it correct and I still get my items.

When people pay me by PayPal I simply write down the address and wouldn't print it off that way.

People are prone to mistakes, seems more logical that the address may be written incorrectly to me than they keep going to the same wrong address

No time stream voodoo, just an understanding that DPD don't only have 1 man in a van covering the whole area at once. You said you're waiting on 4 parcels, they might not all be in the same van! The route calculator doesn't just look at distances it also factors in item size/weight.

Van one is due for delivery between 10:54 and 11:54 updated on the DPD website at 03:50 when the route planning system calculates the route.
Van two fails to deliver a completely different parcle to van one at 06:07

But the simple fact that I did point out was that the driver claimed he had tried to deliver it long before it was even due.

And even you say that's not possible because the drivers have to keep to a schedule - so how could he claim 4 hours earlier that a parcel due to be delivered at a much later time couldn't be delivered?

When people pay me by PayPal I simply write down the address and wouldn't print it off that way.

People are prone to mistakes, seems more logical that the address may be written incorrectly to me than they keep going to the same wrong address

So four DIFFERENT commercial vendors all make the same mistake?

But apart from that and what I didn't realise until this morning is that DPD know exactly where my house is!!!

When I checked up on one parcel I had received 24 HOURS after I ordered it IT WAS DELIVERED BY DPD!!

That was 12 days ago now - so DPD do know my house and all the rubbish I've been put through is just total and absolute incompetence on their part and lies, stupidity and deceit on the part of at least one of their drivers!

So I am definitely not willing to accept any cr*p from them and will now cancel all my orders from Ebay and demand my money back if they don't deliver today - oh yes, another promise!

But God knows what state the parcels will be in now if they have been heaved around for the last 10 days.

As far as I'm concerned it's people willing to put up with this cr*p from such companies which allows them to continue treating their customers with such total contempt!

@petersmart - Peter, I have a DPD account and I know my way around the tracking system.
If you'd care to PM me with your consignment number(s) and your delivery postcode, I'll look into it for you.

Last edited:
@petersmart - Peter, I have a DPD account and I know my way around the tracking system.
If you'd care to PM me with your consignment number(s) and your delivery postcode, I'll look into it for you.
This is the sort of customer service he should be receiving from DPD, bravo.
I had many issues like this when amazon still used Yodel and Hermes to deliver in my area, after many complaints and reissued items, this is probably why Amazon moved away from them.
I agree that this is very unusual, in my experience, from DPD. Numerous failures to deliver these items must certainly be down to one of 2 things, mislabeled addresses or a driver error.

Never had any bother with dpd personally. Generally one of the better ones to use.

Of course I am - all were paid by my PayPal account and usually the address is printed automatically - I

I don't think eBay offer a print straight to dpd postage label service? Unless they've changed it they only do royal mail group based services.

I FINALLY GOT MY PARCELS - approx 140 hours after the so called 24 hour service!

The driver said he had been told by someone that the house he kept going to was the right one - it did after all have the number 5 outside it!

Ironically just 1 hour later I received another parcel I was expecting - from another courier - ordered just 2 days before and delivered right on time - and he had no trouble finding me!

Back