Pro Photo for Wordpress?

Edit My Images
Yes
I've decided to make the change to Wordpress which I've never used before (currently using wix which I'm not enjoying.) I've seen some themes on pro photo that I like but it is pricey, so I wanted to know what you guys thought of it before making my decision.

It's important to me that any theme I apply to my site will be customisable - I want to be able to change fonts, colours, tweak the layouts.

Does anybody know if I can upload fonts which I have purchased to Wordpress to use on my site?

What are your experiences with pro photo?

I've also looked at flothemes but not sure how customisable they are.

Thank you.

Regarding fonts. Even if you manage to upload the fonts you have purchased to your website, that font will not be visible to people who view your website unless they have the exactly the same font on their device.
A better solution would be to install a WordPress plugin to enable you to use Google Fonts and find a font similar to the one you have purchased. If you need to Google Fonts on your laptop or desktop there is an application called Sky Fonts that enables that.

Both pro photo and flothemes look very expensive for what they offer. I suppose these companies know that photographers have a fair amount of disposable income and price their products accordingly.

I've not used ProPhoto so can't be specific but in general, most themes can be customised via the code. I guess you may be talking about via the admin panel though - that I am not sure abouit.

Regarding your fonts, again, self-hosting is easily possible and in some cases is the much better option, esepcially as a lot of the other solutions are actually quite limited in what they offer. Make sure you have a full licence to self-host though. Buying a font doesn't always mean you have full rights etc. It's not the same as it was a few years ago. Licencing of fonts has changed.

I had prophoto for a while. It annoyed me that I had to update all the time. They were also very late to go responsive.

Regarding fonts, it's easier to find a design with all the fonts and colours that you want. I found custom tweaks made the site look less swish (as a novice to design etc).

Mandy

You can upload and use any font you like petty easily with pro photo. Its a highly customisable theme and well worth the money. Spend little time with it to get the best results though. Remember though different browsers render fonts slightly differently. As with anything web you won't have full control over how everything looks to the end user

The thing about Prophoto is that people that have never used it, see it as a 'theme' and as such it's expensive.

But it's much more than a theme, it's very customisable without having to know anything technical, it works brilliantly for SEO, for responsive design, for speed, and there's a great community and support.

The thing about Prophoto is that people that have never used it, see it as a 'theme' and as such it's expensive.

But it's much more than a theme, it's very customisable without having to know anything technical, it works brilliantly for SEO, for responsive design, for speed, and there's a great community and support.
But also, when you consider that you wopuld be able to do what ProPhoto does with a raw Wordpress install and free plug-ins and the like, it is expensive. Even some of the more popular and extensive frameworks are less expensive than ProPhoto.

But I guess you also have to way up the way that ProPhoto packages stuff and does the job against individual ability to do it yourselv.

Last edited:
But also, when you consider that you wopuld be able to do what ProPhoto does with a raw Wordpress install and free plug-ins and the like, it is expensive. Even some of the more popular and extensive frameworks are less expensive than ProPhoto.

But I guess you also have to way up the way that ProPhoto packages stuff and does the job against individual ability to do it yourselv.

Exactly o_O

Just like my customers could take their own pictures, there's loads of guidance on the Internet, free filters, free album design software with plenty of guidance available...

But that's a bit of a faff for results they can't guarantee for a lot of work. Hiring a pro isn't a sign of weakness, often it's just a smart move ;)

when you consider that you wopuld be able to do what ProPhoto does with a raw Wordpress install and free plug-ins and the like,

maybe, but I couldn't. Id rather spend a little money and avoid doing all that so I can concentrate on my business

maybe, but I couldn't. Id rather spend a little money and avoid doing all that so I can concentrate on my business

Exactly o_O

Just like my customers could take their own pictures, there's loads of guidance on the Internet, free filters, free album design software with plenty of guidance available...

But that's a bit of a faff for results they can't guarantee for a lot of work. Hiring a pro isn't a sign of weakness, often it's just a smart move ;)

Yes. But going back tot the cost, some of the frameworks, with pretty much what you need and what ProPhoto say they giveing you are about 30% of the price. It is not for all I know.

I don't know the OPs position so it may not be for him either, i don't even know if he is looking at it from an business view point. For others peoples that can do it, it gives you fuller control over your site and all for a maybe a mornings work, so for them it works out better.

Last edited:
Yes. But going back tot the cost, some of the frameworks, with pretty much what you need and what ProPhoto say they giveing you are about 30% of the price. It is not for all I know.

I don't know the OPs position so it may not be for him either, i don't even know if he is looking at it from an business view point. For others peoples that can do it, it gives you fuller control over your site and all for a maybe a mornings work, so for them it works out better.
We're not all experts, and if I had a quid for every botched Wordpress site I've seen I could retire.

People that find this stuff easy can't comprehend why others don't understand it, I think that makes them the opposite of smart if I'm honest :)

Back