Pro photographers depicted in TV and film

That made me smile

Which one?

Is that a lens cap or a reflection in a front element?
What's the minimum focussing distance on (what looks like) a 24-70 L?

That's so funny… fancy somebody thinking that one of them would be using a Nikon! :facepalm: :ROFLMAO:

;)

Here's one for the classic camera fans, the video trailer for Tate Modern's excellent Picasso 1932 exhibition last year:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=WCwwia8AEic

It seems that the press photographers in 1932 had spent most of their money on a time machine, as they weren't shooting with very high end gear. The three cameras we see at the beginning are a Conway Super Flash (a simple box camera from the 1950s), a Kodak Brownie Twin 20 (1959-64) and, silliest of all, a Zenit TTL (1977-85).

Last edited:
Well it makes a change from the tog being a seedy sleazeball. Usually it's "ohh you look very warm, why not open a few buttons..." ;)

Years ago I had a phone call from a film production Company, asking me whether I'd like to be one of the photographers in a film - from memory it was Calendar Girls, a film about the nude calendar that a group of women made for fundraising. Anyway, I thought it sounded interesting so asked how much they were offering . . .

The answer was nothing at all, apparently appearing in their film would make me famous and so I didn't need paying, which was the end of the conversation. So, if that's normal we shouldn't be surprised if they get a few things wrong when they show photographers in films:)

Years ago I had a phone call from a film production Company, asking me whether I'd like to be one of the photographers in a film - from memory it was Calendar Girls, a film about the nude calendar that a group of women made for fundraising. Anyway, I thought it sounded interesting so asked how much they were offering . . .

The answer was nothing at all, apparently appearing in their film would make me famous and so I didn't need paying, which was the end of the conversation. So, if that's normal we shouldn't be surprised if they get a few things wrong when they show photographers in films:)

There was me thinking that "extras" were paid for their appearance. If so, what is different about any of them wielding a camera???

Back