Probably my best Photo

Edit My Images
Yes
Not linking to the photo :shrug:

There's a picture in there somewhere dogfan!

Some will say that you can't really get a good pic of someone's back but I can see where you were going with this. I think it would benefit from some PP work to focus the attention on the little boy and the dog.

Thank You, totally agree about needing some work. But its one of the few photos i have taken where i have thought Wow! thats pretty good.

I am still very inexperienced with regards to being au fait with the body and its a bit point and shoot, then change somethings slightly and try and remeber the settings in similar situations.

I am really happy with the photo composition, but realise it could be technically better.

So more C&C on its composition and also the exif data would be great.

What makes you think this is your best photo dogfan? Just curious :)

Because most of the others are either technically poor (very noisey or soft) or i have tried to get a photo that is not possible with this glass or handshot.

My keeper rate is not that fantastic, perhaps i need to plan a photo more rather than capture a moment on the fly. I am trying to get better and i do enjoy it. Obviously very inexperienced.

Websites like this are fantastic as there are always people better and worse than yourself who you can learn from.

Would you be Ok with me having a little play with it in PP dogfan? :)

definitely Ali and it would be very much appreciated, could you tell me what you do to it, even in pm if its a trade secret.

Thanks

OK, give me a mo.....................

Doesn't this just highlight the beauty of technology.

Someone posts an image, someone else offers to 'tidy it up a bit' and seconds later the photo's back on the screen with someone else's take on it.

Compare and contrast to 10 years ago and prints.

AliB's comment encapsulate's it - with, probably, miles between them and it's almost as though he's just popping out of the room. :)

Bloody marvelous!!

91043_2normansfeb20098_4_122_1166lo_copy.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok, so what did I do to it?

Firstly I cloned out the branch near his foot.
The I adjusted the exposure by +o.29 and the gamma by 0.68
Converted to B&W
Adjusted brightness and contrast so it was right for the boy and dog
selected around them(quite roughly) with lasoo tool and inverted selection
Adjusted brightness and contrast for the backround
Slight crop

just my take on it and by no way is it right or wrong, just my own tastes. :)

I'd take more time with the selection and probably clone out the grass bottom left and replace it with snow if I were spending time on it. :)

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Well you said there was a picture in there somewhere and you have found a very sweet and endearing B&W, that tells a little story of the boy and his dog.
The first thing that i thought of when viewing the shot was KES.

The first thing that i thought of when viewing the shot was KES.

That's what I thought when I saw the original, there's one in there just shouting to be let out :)

There's plenty here who can do it better than me too, but it goes some way to showing you what you can find in a photo.

Last edited:
Wow thats fantastic thanks !

I don't think I've ever not agreed 100% with Ali on here before but for once we see a shot quite differently.......

So I had a wee play with this one too, to see where it ended up. Not sure it's exactly where I'd go if it was for my wall but it's along the lines of what I had in mind. :)

91043_2normansfeb20098_4_122_1166lo.jpg

Yep, I'm liking that one too Dazz.

We don't all see images the same way and it was a very quick play but hopefully in the right direction.

Polish added by Dazz :)

I like that Daz, good take on it :)

nice!

I like the composition and darker tones of Ali's version. A nice shot indeed.

I love the tones of dazzajl's edit, but I prefer the composition of AliB's edit, it tells more of a story.

dogfan, with the inspiration of the 2 edits? i would like to see what you could make of your photo.

Back