Probably the Best Bridge in the World

Very nice capture and liking the composition.

Nice reflection of the light too :)

Quite like that, has a certain appeal ... not keen on the graffiti though, anchors the eye a bit :)

Nice capture. It has a certain aeeriness to it. :exit:
Ha, didn't hang about
Very nice capture and liking the composition.

Nice reflection of the light too :)
Thank you
Quite like that, has a certain appeal ... not keen on the graffiti though, anchors the eye a bit :)
Thanks Gramps, I was hoping someone would mention that, I thought the same thing..there was more graffiti on the vertical frame on the left of the image which I cloned out, wasn't confidnet enough to clone "Klax" out as different shades of light going through it..the other thing I toyed with was cropping the image so that the Carlsberg tower was at the edge of the frame, thus cropping out the graffiti?

Thanks Gramps, I was hoping someone would mention that, I thought the same thing..there was more graffiti on the vertical frame on the left of the image which I cloned out, wasn't confidnet enough to clone "Klax" out as different shades of light going through it..the other thing I toyed with was cropping the image so that the Carlsberg tower was at the edge of the frame, thus cropping out the graffiti?

I'm not sure that a crop would improve it and with the distortion it might look more odd ... the graffiti will clone out quite easily with 'content-aware' if you have that available.

I'm not sure that a crop would improve it and with the distortion it might look more odd ... the graffiti will clone out quite easily with 'content-aware' if you have that available.
Ok,should have that in Photoshop CC?, I will have a look later..cheers

conversly to what has been said, i like the graffati i think it add a sense of ruggines and gives some character, i think if that was removed it would seem to fake / photoshoped... obviously everyone has difference in opinions.

also love how you got the street light to reflect and flare, my favourite bit, i want to know how to get a good light flare like that

conversly to what has been said, i like the graffati i think it add a sense of ruggines and gives some character, i think if that was removed it would seem to fake / photoshoped... obviously everyone has difference in opinions.

also love how you got the street light to reflect and flare, my favourite bit, i want to know how to get a good light flare like that
Thanks Liam, that's easily done mate, put the camera on a tripod and shoot a few long exposures with a remote shutter release trigger at different time settings until you have the image you like.

no pot processing on the lights to make them that way at all?

Thanks Liam, that's easily done mate, put the camera on a tripod and shoot a few long exposures with a remote shutter release trigger at different time settings until you have the image you like.

:plus1: my exact thoughts :)...........a quick cloning job would get rid, we'd never know the graffiti had been there John ;)

..........i want to know how to get a good light flare like that

Smaller the aperture (larger f number) will give you more flare but you'll need a longer exposure, ok if there's no stars on your not bothered about them trailing, if that's the case you need to up the ISO to compensate :)

That is a great title!
The picture is good but I think the trees are too much in the way. I don't think you had any other composition possible to make this different...

Personally I say leave the graffiti in, it was there and part of the scene so embrace it :)

Back