problem uploading pics

Edit My Images
Yes
Well after formatting my computer in the hopes of solving the problem it seems that it just might be my camera. My computer recognizes the camera but says no pics. Zoom browser says camera not found. Anyone else run into this problem and if so is there a way to fix it. .... kinda freaking out :help:

Couple of questions !

Are you using Windows ? If so which Version ? XP etc ?
What Camera ?

Have you got a card reader ? so that you can rule out the camera ? Just plug the memory card into the computer and read pics off from there ?

Hi Ian

Thanks for responding so quickly to my post. I called Canon and they walked me through a couple of options. After switching communication mode on the camera and downloading a couple of additional programs I am up and running again. I will be so glad when I finally have a clue as to what I am doing. Thanks again it's great to know that you guys are here !! (y)

Glad you're sorted out Alice. Get a card reader anyway, they're as cheap as chips and very convenient. Saves all that messing about with wires trailing everywhere and you don't even need any battery power to upload your pics. ;)

Alice
I've got the Dazzle 4 in 1 card reader, it runs on USB 2 so you don't need any extra power, if I remember rightly I think I paid around £15 or so for it. It's another option for you to have as a back up just in case.

Hope that helps. (y) (y)

alice21 said:
Hi Ian

Thanks for responding so quickly to my post. I called Canon and they walked me through a couple of options. After switching communication mode on the camera and downloading a couple of additional programs I am up and running again. I will be so glad when I finally have a clue as to what I am doing. Thanks again it's great to know that you guys are here !! (y)

No problem :)

Glad you got it sorted out :)

CT said:
Glad you're sorted out Alice. Get a card reader anyway, they're as cheap as chips and very convenient. Saves all that messing about with wires trailing everywhere and you don't even need any battery power to upload your pics. ;)

But don't format the card in the card reader. Use the camera if/when you format the card. (y)

Card readers are brilliant - I always found the cable to connect the camera to the PC to be a pain - a tight fit to get into and out of the camera and I was always terrified of damaging it.......card reader makes life easy!

Mine's a 12 in 1 apparently - although god knows what the other 11 are for - it takes my CF just fine!

alice21 said:
Hi Ian

kick it, and if that doesnt work, kick it again, if that still fails to solve the problem, the window is your only option! :bonk:

im trying to find a comedy soundclip by a band called "3 dead trolls in a baggie" the track is called "welcome to the internet helpdesk" its hilarious

"next time your daddy has problems with his computer, tell him to give the computer to you, and go out and buy a mac, its a computer specially made for idiots"

found it! found it! found it!

gorge yourselves people, gorge! http://www.deadtroll.com/video/helldeskcable.html

whitewash said:
kick it, and if that doesnt work, kick it again, if that still fails to solve the problem, the window is your only option! :bonk:

what - you mean Windows XP = (through the) Windows Xtra Propulsion?! :LOL:

I wasn't sure it'd be good, but that actually was VERY good. :D

We've all been there

My Mother/Father/Brother are so bad with PC's (actualy anything technical) I can only assume I'm adopted :(

Back