Problem viewing canon RAW photos

Name
colin
Edit My Images
Yes
So my mate gave me his SD card out of his Canon DSLR camera, with loads of raw photos on from a recent track day, and i said i would edit them for him, but windows photo viewer says that it can't open them and that they may be corrupt, I even tried to open them with Photoshop CC but that asked if the latest RAW photo software was installed? I also tried a app off the windows store to open RAW photos but the one i did open had a blue haze to it, use a nikon and never have a problem viewing RAW photos with windows photo viewer, so is there something i'm doing wrong or is it that the photos are just corrupt? If they are is there a way to recover them or are they just all scrap?
thanks
Colin

So my mate gave me his SD card out of his Canon DSLR camera, with loads of raw photos on from a recent track day, and i said i would edit them for him, but windows photo viewer says that it can't open them and that they may be corrupt, I even tried to open them with Photoshop CC but that asked if the latest RAW photo software was installed? I also tried a app off the windows store to open RAW photos but the one i did open had a blue haze to it, use a nikon and never have a problem viewing RAW photos with windows photo viewer, so is there something i'm doing wrong or is it that the photos are just corrupt? If they are is there a way to recover them or are they just all scrap?
thanks
Colin

Which model camera plus is PSCC fully updated in regard to ACR ???

You can download the latest Windows CODEC as above, you can use Adobe’s free Raw - TIFF converter, or my recommendation would be...

Download Canons own free Raw conversion software, and if you want to do any pixel level editing once you’ve processed the Raw files, convert to JPEG and do it in PS.

You just need to make sure you have the latest RAW Codec installed. This tells Window's how to interpret the data in the file. It's free

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/software/canon-raw-codec.aspx

just tried this but his camera is not listed

Which model camera plus is PSCC fully updated in regard to ACR ???
His a canon eso 670d, not sure? i did drop a file in there to see if it could read it but it asked if the latest update had been done, but when i followed the link i couldn't see a update link? didn't seem like there was anything to download

Back