Problem with 70-200 f4L

Edit My Images
No
I am hoping someone can help me.

I have the above lens, now only about 3 months old, but I am having difficulty focussing with it.
It doesnt lock onto its subject in auto, and the focussing ring doesn't appear to be doing a thing when its in manual.

I have tried it on two different bodies and tried other lenses on the bodies so I know its not that which is the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem or am i the victim of a dud lens?

I am not sure whether to get a refund from the retailer(unless its too late for this) or get it repaired.

help appreciated.

I have a 50mm f/1.4 that is obviously a fair bit cheaper than your lens, but this just quit auto focusing 2 weeks after I bought it.

I would go to the retailer and take it from there. It has a warranty so you should be fine

Sounds very much like a faulty lens - get it back to the dealer without delay.

are other lens focusing ok? your diopter may not be set, this could cause an in focus image to look our of focus. But if other glass is fine then just take the lens back.

are other lens focusing ok? your diopter may not be set, this could cause an in focus image to look our of focus. But if other glass is fine then just take the lens back.

Thanks for the replies.
The other lenses are focussing fine. And I have tried it on 2 bodies so looks like I am back to the retailer tomorrow :( wonder how long canon will have me waiting :(

Thanks for the replies.
The other lenses are focussing fine. And I have tried it on 2 bodies so looks like I am back to the retailer tomorrow :( wonder how long canon will have me waiting :(

I put my 24-70 back to them because it kept giving err99 and/or err01 messages at anything smaller than F2.8. Turn round was about 2 1/2 weeks.

Back