Problem with Lencarta website

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
I am running into problems with the Lencarta website, I am trying to order the following & keep getting the following message, I sent an email yesterday about this & have not had a reply as of yet. I know Garry is on here quite a lot & wondered if he could help, the website is showing them as in stock, it just won't let me buy them.

Minimum order amount for ElitePro Twin Head mains powered Starter Kit is 20!

Unfortunately there are a number of niggles with the new website, which was "finished" very quickly, just in time for Focus on Imaging.

I have to leave it to the boss to get these problems put right, it's his job to pass on his requirements to the web designer.

But, there are some things that I am able to put right myself, once I know about them and you're right - for some reason the minimum buy quantity had changed itself from 1 to 20:(

I've now put this right, so thanks for pointing it out.

Glad that's sorted as I am planning on ordering the same kit this week.

Do you know if the kit is provided with a radio trigger as mentioned in the instructional videos, I see no mention of this in the included items list?

Sneeks said:
Do you know if the kit is provided with a radio trigger as mentioned in the instructional videos, I see no mention of this in the included items list?

I was thinking that when looking at the ultrapro 300 today.....I'm sure we'll have an answer soon!

S

You might be better sending Garry a PM as this is tagged onto a thread he has already dealt with and may not look at again.

Heather

No it isn't - contents are as per "What's in the box"
Lencarta used to include things like radio triggers when that video was made some years ago, but they were taken out, and prices reduced, because so many people complained that they didn't want them as they already have them.

I placed an order last week. An ultrapro 600 head and a 2.8m air stand. Received the stand yesterday but no head. Emailed twice now and no reply. Not a happy bunny.

I placed an order last week. An ultrapro 600 head and a 2.8m air stand. Received the stand yesterday but no head. Emailed twice now and no reply. Not a happy bunny.

I have replied, pointing out that the flash head is out of stock (new delivery due now) and was showing as out of stock when you ordered.

Maybe there is a problem with your emails, you may want to check your spam folder

I have replied, pointing out that the flash head is out of stock (new delivery due now) and was showing as out of stock when you ordered.

Maybe there is a problem with your emails, you may want to check your spam folder

no reply in my inbox or junk folder. The head wasn't showing as out of stock on the website and indeed still shows it as "in stock" and the full payment has been taken.

Sorry, but it is out of stock and was out of stock when you ordered it.
It is clearly showing on the website as "pre-order" which means that it is out of stock but that a new delivery will arrive soon.

A new delivery should arrive very soon. If you don't want to wait, just let me know and I will refund your payment.

Sorry, but it is out of stock and was out of stock when you ordered it.
It is clearly showing on the website as "pre-order" which means that it is out of stock but that a new delivery will arrive soon.

A new delivery should arrive very soon. If you don't want to wait, just let me know and I will refund your payment.

as we both know Garry, this has just been changed. I even have a screen shot from 11.30 this morning after you responded to my first post that shows it as "in stock"

I decided to take it after my response on here at 11.34. You can see in the bottom right hand corner that it was take at 11.37.

I still want the head, but I also want a bit of honesty from Lencarta and admit you messed up not only the order but also the information on the website and subsequently the communication. Also, I think it would be prudent of a company not to charge someones card when the item has not been sent.

Now, could you please tell me when I should expect to receive this item?

Last edited:
There are odd problems with the website that I have no control over, for example this thread is actually about the website changing itself to require a minimum order quantity of 20 when it should have been a minimum of 1.

I accept that it seems to have changed from in stock to pre-order, but that isn't my doing. As for not taking the money until the goods are in stock, that may be possible to change in the back end, but I can't do it, I am waiting on the boss to get various changes made, but only he can do that.

To answer your specific question, the ship is due to dock any time now, it can then take up to a week for the containers to clear customs and arrive at the warehouse, so my guess is that you should get it within say 10 days - but that isn't a promise, because there is no certainty about anything until the goods have been processed by Customs.

I'm not blaming you for the mix up I have experienced Garry, but I don't think its wise to challenge a customer on a public forum about what the availability was showing at the time of purchase. Twice now you've been adamant that it was showing as "not in stock" when I ordered and hopefully now you will accept the proof that it simply wasn't the case.

Do the Lencarta studio flash kits come with any form of carry case to transport the equipment in? If not I may be approaching the cost of a Bowens kit which does include one.

any update on my order, Garry?

I'd rather correspond via email but haven't received anything as yet.

Still no answers. Hope people are taking note of the standard of customer service. :bang:

If email is not working, why not simply phone them?

From their website: 0845 618 2889 or 01274 678842.

Because Garry seemed happy to answer questions on here when he thought he was in the right. I have had no official contact from this company despite taking the money for the item. Do you, or anyone else think that's acceptable? As a service provider myself, I don't.

I'm completely happy to answer questions on here whether I'm in the right or the wrong. But questions asked on here don't create a record, which an email does. And if people use usernames, it's sometimes very hard to work out who they are or what the question is.

This question though is clear - is the UltraPro 600 back in stock yet? Sorry, no it isn't. I'm hoping to get a very small quantity (enough to deal with backorders but probably not enough to put the product back on the webite) on Monday or Tuesday. Once I know for sure, I'll say so.

And the SuperFast 600 is expected back in stock next week. Safari Li-on kits will, unfortunately, be out of stock for a while, the factory can't keep up with demand, but we're doing our best.

Because Garry seemed happy to answer questions on here when he thought he was in the right. I have had no official contact from this company despite taking the money for the item. Do you, or anyone else think that's acceptable? As a service provider myself, I don't.

It's not ideal, no.

But email isn't a flawless system and if it were my money I'd be a little more proactive with getting answers to my questions.

But if you're happy waiting for answers through these forums from a busy individual, then that's your call. Each to their own.

I hope you get satisfaction soon.

FWIW: I have no affiliation with Lencarta, have never been a customer and unlikely to be one in the future.

All the very best.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited:
If i was Garry, i wouldn't even consider using this forum as a form of communication with customers. :) If i was a customer, i'd be on the phone and if i was Ross, i'd just remember that a full refund can be returned if i didn't want to wait. Every company i know takes the money straight from your account once the order is made, even if items are not in stock. Its nothing new and there is very little you can do about it.

Unfortunately my experience of Lencarta has been poor. Over a month for a head to be repaired with no response to emails sent until I started criticising them on facebook during Focus. I then got the full attention of the boss, who promised to sort things out the next day but still took another week. (he also stopped me posting on their page!)

This was the second head to go faulty within 5 months of purchase. The first took almost a month to be returned.

This is no good when trying to run a business.

It's a shame as when their equipment works it's great and good value, but it seems they're just too small to cope with problems.

Needless to say the mew studio won't be having Lencarta in it :(

Unfortunately my experience of Lencarta has been poor. Over a month for a head to be repaired with no response to emails sent until I started criticising them on facebook during Focus. I then got the full attention of the boss, who promised to sort things out the next day but still took another week. (he also stopped me posting on their page!)

This was the second head to go faulty within 5 months of purchase. The first took almost a month to be returned.

This is no good when trying to run a business.

It's a shame as when their equipment works it's great and good value, but it seems they're just too small to cope with problems.

Needless to say the mew studio won't be having Lencarta in it :(

Yes, I remember that, and I'm sorry that you are still unhappy. We (the boss and myself) did everything we could to sort out the problem with the flash head you returned, but that wasn't good enough for you.

We can't please all of the people all of the time, but we do try. We also hope that customers understand that a small Company simply cannot produce the same level of customer care during the one major exhibition that we are involved in each year - other, much larger Companies close down completely during Focus. We try to help and this is the thanks we get...

Yes, I remember that, and I'm sorry that you are still unhappy. We (the boss and myself) did everything we could to sort out the problem with the flash head you returned, but that wasn't good enough for you.

We can't please all of the people all of the time, but we do try. We also hope that customers understand that a small Company simply cannot produce the same level of customer care during the one major exhibition that we are involved in each year - other, much larger Companies close down completely during Focus. We try to help and this is the thanks we get...

??? I'm also a small business that almost had to shut down due to a lack of lights! And It was with you a whole month before Focus started.

Also the lack of response to emails was before focus started.

Also your boss promised a solution and STILL failed leaving me in trouble.

So yes, this is the thanks your company gets unfortunately.

It's no good bragging about your service on your website when you can't deliver it.

If you're admitting here you're a small company that can't cope, don't pretend to be big boys on your website. You're only setting yourself up for problems and disappointed cutomers.

It also cost me a fortune returning both lights to you IN GUARANTEE!!

:thumbsdown:

Oh, and the replacement you eventually sent (Ex demo from Focus) has a fault! The audible 'beep' doesn't work. I did mention this to Harry, but he didn't seem bothered!

I'd also be interested to know what the fault with the light was? It's quite scary when it starts to belch thick acrid smoke in the middle of a family portrait session!

I honestly believe Lencarta could be an amazing brand, but the boss needs to invest heavily in quality control and customer care. But would you then be competitive?

Last edited:
We could argue about this all day, but there's no point, it will achieve nothing, so this is my last post on the subject.

If a flash head going down caused your business to nearly shut down, then I have to assume that you had no redundancy - that's a dangerous strategy regardless of the type or make of equipment.

The reason that nothing was done with the light you returned is that no paperwork was included with it. All that we ask is that people enclose our returns form. If it isn't there then we can't identify the owner and can't deal with the problem.

From your description, it sounds like a blown capacitor. Those heads include a lot of capacitors and inevitably they can blow from time to time. Cheaply-made heads tend to have less capacitors.

We do what we can in terms of quality control, and are in the process of making massive improvements.

I honestly believe that we're doing OK on customer care. Most Companies our size aren't able to carry out repairs at all, we not only have a trained repairer, we now have a dedicated repair workshop too. And I think that I'm sat here doing this, long after most people have finished work, indicates my own commitment.

When you complained about me, Harry took over. I seem to remember that he moved heaven and earth to get that replacement head to you quickly, and at very high cost, but I don't know the details because, as I say, he took your complaint over. If you're not happy with the replacement, please ring him.

We could argue about this all day, but there's no point, it will achieve nothing, so this is my last post on the subject.

If a flash head going down caused your business to nearly shut down, then I have to assume that you had no redundancy - that's a dangerous strategy regardless of the type or make of equipment.

The reason that nothing was done with the light you returned is that no paperwork was included with it. All that we ask is that people enclose our returns form. If it isn't there then we can't identify the owner and can't deal with the problem.

From your description, it sounds like a blown capacitor. Those heads include a lot of capacitors and inevitably they can blow from time to time. Cheaply-made heads tend to have less capacitors.

We do what we can in terms of quality control, and are in the process of making massive improvements.

I honestly believe that we're doing OK on customer care. Most Companies our size aren't able to carry out repairs at all, we not only have a trained repairer, we now have a dedicated repair workshop too. And I think that I'm sat here doing this, long after most people have finished work, indicates my own commitment.

When you complained about me, Harry took over. I seem to remember that he moved heaven and earth to get that replacement head to you quickly, and at very high cost, but I don't know the details because, as I say, he took your complaint over. If you're not happy with the replacement, please ring him.

I'm not arguing! :thinking:
Just saying what happened. Fortunately I do have some spare heads, However I had a big shoot coming up (16 people in one family portrait) and it would of been easier with all of my lights!

The paperwork was definitely included. As for Harry (your boss) telling me he didn't even know where the light had come from, well that's just ********. The studio address was on the same label as the delivery address (Royal mail insist on a return address on special deliveries!) So if the label was missing it wouldn't even have got to you!

At the end of the day, two lights out of three purchased have failed. Both have taken an unacceptable time to be repaired. At the time of purchase your website was boasting quick turnaround on repairs with most products being replaced! This didn't happen.

I repeat, this isn't an argument, just a statement of facts. Rather than getting really defensive, get Harry to invest so that his service lives up to the boasts :)

Oh, and Harry may have moved heaven and earth, but he didn't move a Lencarta head in my direction within the time he promised! If the boss fails, what hope is there for the company?:shrug:

Having worked in customer service for many years, while I have little detail, no matter the rights or wrongs

This is a real shoot yourself in the foot moment and not with a camera

Contact me for a customer relationship consultancy ;)

Last edited:
I'm not arguing! :thinking:
Just saying what happened. Fortunately I do have some spare heads, However I had a big shoot coming up (16 people in one family portrait) and it would of been easier with all of my lights!

The paperwork was definitely included. As for Harry (your boss) telling me he didn't even know where the light had come from, well that's just ********. The studio address was on the same label as the delivery address (Royal mail insist on a return address on special deliveries!) So if the label was missing it wouldn't even have got to you!

At the end of the day, two lights out of three purchased have failed. Both have taken an unacceptable time to be repaired. At the time of purchase your website was boasting quick turnaround on repairs with most products being replaced! This didn't happen.

I repeat, this isn't an argument, just a statement of facts. Rather than getting really defensive, get Harry to invest so that his service lives up to the boasts :)

Oh, and Harry may have moved heaven and earth, but he didn't move a Lencarta head in my direction within the time he promised! If the boss fails, what hope is there for the company?:shrug:

God bless the wronged customer, may they eventually recover from the trauma and never have to endure what they feel justified in inflicting on their supplier.

I bet you cheered everyone at Lencarta right up there, but doubt if you have put anyone off buying from them, they don't half have a good following on here:)

Never mind.

God bless the wronged customer, may they eventually recover from the trauma and never have to endure what they feel justified in inflicting on their supplier.

I bet you cheered everyone at Lencarta right up there, but doubt if you have put anyone off buying from them, they don't half have a good following on here:)

Never mind.

Steven, thank you for God's blessing that's very kind of you. You'll be pleased to know that I have made a full recovery and I'm sure Lencarta's various staff members have thick enough skins to not be too traumatised either.

I'm not really a betting man, but would also suggest that you don't make bets like that as I'd hate to see you out of pocket in these times of austerity.

I'm aware of the good following that Lencarta have on here, indeed that was one of the reasons for purchasing their equipment! However, surely it's only right to tell the truth? I couldn't really say it's great when my experience was the opposite could I? Surely Steven you wouldn't be encouraging me to lie?

Oh and you're right, I never mind :D

Have a great day :)

Well, this has just made my mind up where I'll be buying my snoot, barn doors and bit's from.

Lencarta, like any company will have issues, happy and unhappy custormers, it's for us all to make are own judgment

I'm about to order some lights and stuff from them, here's to a happy relatonship :cautious:;):D

Last edited:
I've been buying kit for years, from many suppliers and Lencarta would be a new supplier. Therefore, I'll stick to what I know!

:)

Back