tiler65

Suspended / Banned
Name
Tom (I think)
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a problem with my buttons.

In IE when I press the back button it jumps 2 pages back,

In drop down menu in ANY program it clicks then unclicks as if double/treble clicking,

It frustrates me no end.

I have run virus and spyware checks but nothing is reported as wrong.

I have an optical mouse, could the mouse be faulty or is it more serious :shrug:

like all issues its a process of elimination.

Use a different mouse, if it still does it then its software based, or try your mouse on a different PC and see if that ones does it!

Go into control panel and change the double click rate of the mouse.

If you are using a Logitech mouse, make sure you have the correct drivers for that mouse. I have had an issue with logitech having the wrong drivers in the past.

Tim

I have a problem with my buttons.

In IE when I press the back button it jumps 2 pages back,

In drop down menu in ANY program it clicks then unclicks as if double/treble clicking,

It frustrates me no end.

I have run virus and spyware checks but nothing is reported as wrong.

I have an optical mouse, could the mouse be faulty or is it more serious :shrug:

I have repaired plenty of mice with problems you are describing.
There is a small chance it could be software related, But from experience its the micro switch in side the mouse that is packing up. The contacts in the switch have become dirty or even worn.

Contact cleaner sometimes works, but I Usually just replace the switch with a new one.

If the mouse is decent enough to warrant trying a repair it might be worth trying contact cleaner especially if you have no soldering equipment.

Thanks all. I will attempt the various offers of help.

Back