Problems creating a playable slide show video in lightroom

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
I may have been overly ambitious, but the slide show video I had Lightroom 5.7 create (so that I could put it on another computer) doesn't play. The file is large - >1000 images and around 11GB.

Any ideas why this might happen and if the fault is fixable without re-creating the video, since it too around 4 hours to make? It won't play on widows media player nor VLC.

If you don't get any joy with Lightroom, you could consider JAlbum and a suitable skin. I'm using the MatrixSlide skin for my 60-image slide show so I made one with 2400 jpegs, just to see what happened, and it took about 15 minutes to complete. I realise it's not a proper video but it may be an acceptable alternative.

What format is it exported as? VLC should handle the file of that size. As far as I can find it should handle up to 23Mb or more. Does VLC just hang or is processing the images and taking ages? I must admit I've never user Lightroom to produce a slide show. I normally compile the images in a video editing program, then export them from there.

Thanks gents - I'd hoped to use a separate computer for the slide show & have the other spare for discussing images etc, but in the end I used the standard lightroom slideshow function without the video. The actual video output was about 11GB, and took about 3 hours to create, so I suspect it was just too big or wasn't created correctly.

Back