problems with Canon Pro 9500

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

Sorry to start my membership with a request for help - I will endeavor to get much more involved - but I'm wondering if any body has an ideas about my printer problems. I was recently given a Canon Pro9500 A3 printer. I spent £40 to replace the missing inks only to find that when I printed I got a very washed out, blurry print. I'm not talking a difference from the screen, due to poor calibration, but a print only fit for the bin; looking rather like a water colour.

Any ideas of what I can do would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Hi,
They have a good reputation for quality printing. I'm no expert but ....

Are you using Canon inks ?

Try running the nozzle cleaning and the deep cleaning available on the maintenance tab. The more knowledgeable posters will be along later, no doubt. Probably talking about paper/colour profiles which is a bit beyond me. HTH's

John

Might be a silly suggestion but did you have the paper in the right way round?

:agree:

My 9000 did the same and after spending £127 on a new head I decided to try cleaning the original one first.

Got the same kit from www.printheadhospital.com and it sorted the original.

If you try it get the liquid fairly hot for the 1st blast then soak some tissue and leave the head on it overnight.

The great thing is that Canon heads are easy to remove.

It would be far cheaper to try the cleaning kit, to many full head cleans will seriously deplete your ink.

Steve, the 9500 can't print on PR101, the inks basically slide off of the top high gloss layer. Here's a list of what you can use:

Plain Paper, Envelopes, Fine Art Paper "Photo Rag™", Fine Art Paper Premium Matte, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy (PP-101), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), Photo Stickers (PS-101), Super White Paper (SW-201), Other Fine Art Paper

You can also use the Platinum Pro paper too, which was eventually introduced for the 9500, so all those who love high gloss, can once again have it. Hope this helps.

Steve, the 9500 can't print on PR101, the inks basically slide off of the top high gloss layer. Here's a list of what you can use:

Plain Paper, Envelopes, Fine Art Paper "Photo Rag™", Fine Art Paper Premium Matte, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy (PP-101), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), Photo Stickers (PS-101), Super White Paper (SW-201), Other Fine Art Paper

You can also use the Platinum Pro paper too, which was eventually introduced for the 9500, so all those who love high gloss, can once again have it. Hope this helps.

im sure ive printed on PR101 on my old 9500...in fact im positive i have. i dont have either of them now but still have some pr101 left.

Thanks for the tips guys. Sorry about the delay in answering; I've been on holiday. I've got some photos on my wall, printed on PR101, from this printer - done for me by the friend who gave it to me, and they're really good. I will order a head cleaning kit and report back.

Cheers

Back