Processing C41 & E6

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Where are people sending their film at the moment?

Recently when Ive had a mix of C41 and E6 I’ve sent them off to AG Photolab, just wondered if there’s anywhere else.

I’ve been using The Darkroom UK since Peak closed. Been happy with the results and they provide freepost for sending in your films. I’ve only used their dev only service, not had scans or prints, so can’t comment on those. Turnaround has been pretty quick - the last lot I sent on a Monday and received my negatives back in the post on the Wednesday, although it's not always that fast. I think they only dev E6 once per week (Thursdays I believe), so turnaround on that can be longer, depending on when you send your film in.

Last edited:
Someone on the Forum (sorry but I can't remember who to give credit to but thanks to them anyway) made this spreadsheet up which is a good starting point.

Someone on the Forum (sorry but I can't remember who to give credit to but thanks to them anyway) made this spreadsheet up which is a good starting point.

'Twas I. At the moment I wouldn't rely on the prices, I only check them about once a year or so, and prices keep jumping without warning. If anyone spots any major errors, please let me know. The decision on what is "small" and what is "medium" in terms of scans is rather arbitrary, so do check!

At some point last year, I did send batches of black and white films to AG, Filmdev, Harman and the Darkroom. I wanted to write up a bit of a report on the experience, but never got round to it, after some hesitation about slagging off any of them on the basis of only a few films. I ended up being pretty happy with the Darkroom in terms of speed, cost and quality; they were the only ones (IIRC, then) using XTOL; all the others were on IlfoTec DD. I didn't get scans from any of them. I realise this is of little help to the OP!

'Twas I. At the moment I wouldn't rely on the prices, I only check them about once a year or so, and prices keep jumping without warning. If anyone spots any major errors, please let me know. The decision on what is "small" and what is "medium" in terms of scans is rather arbitrary, so do check!

At some point last year, I did send batches of black and white films to AG, Filmdev, Harman and the Darkroom. I wanted to write up a bit of a report on the experience, but never got round to it, after some hesitation about slagging off any of them on the basis of only a few films. I ended up being pretty happy with the Darkroom in terms of speed, cost and quality; they were the only ones (IIRC, then) using XTOL; all the others were on IlfoTec DD. I didn't get scans from any of them. I realise this is of little help to the OP!
Thanks Chris, I suppose I could have done a search but tbh I'm not good with that particular function so it always becomes something of an epic.

For my C41 and any B&W I use Spectrum in Plymouth but of late he has downsized so is no longer doing E6. I am working through the list for E6 with large TIFF scans to find one I am totally happy with. So far I have tried AG and Silverpan with limited success and Jack's Lab with better results but their turnaround is 5 working days in lab then they only receive and send post once a week so from sending the film it was a week to get into the lab, a further week to get the scans in my email then another week to see my film back.

They are not that difficult to do, I do all of my own.
I know it's not difficult Karl and I have done in the past, I still do all my own b&w but I shoot so little colour that its just not economical for me to process C41 and E6 at home.

I've been happy with Snaps Bournemouth for dev & print (no scans).
Thanks, I did look at Snaps and I'll probably give them a go next time I need some processing done.

Back