Processing remjet film at home

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
I want to start processing the Kodak vision films at home to save some money but I’ve seen a few different methods of removing the remjet. Every video I’ve seen says it’s fine to process in c41 but one processes as normal but before the stabiliser they rub off the remjet with their fingers and do nothing else. Another does the same but uses a remjet remover after they’ve soaked the film but before they process it then rub it off before the stabiliser. Is the remover needed? Nik and trick sell one but it’s another chemical I need to store and buy on top of the £30 c41 kit

I have seen people mention baking soda see link Remjet Removal
I haven't tried it yet but would be interested to know what people have done.

I have seen people mention baking soda see link Remjet Removal
I haven't tried it yet but would be interested to know what people have done.
I did see that too actually. I just don’t know if it’s needed at all as I’ve seen a couple of people skip that step completely. Not sure if it ruins the c41 chemicals though

I have used bicarbonate of soda in a warm water going by the link Quendil posted... I never had problems using it, and did not need to remove the remjet after developing.

I have used bicarbonate of soda in a warm water going by the link Quendil posted... I never had problems using it, and did not need to remove the remjet after developing.
Nice, I’ll have a go at that then.

What I do: Bicarb in warm water, Enough to make the water cloudy (5 good teaspoons in a litre? I don’t worry too much about it). A good shake for 1 minute. Drain and repeat. Rinse twice with clean water. C41 as normal. Film off the reel and into a sink full of warm water. Rub the remaining remjet off very gently with a microfibre cloth. Into the stabiliser. Done.

What I do: Bicarb in warm water, Enough to make the water cloudy (5 good teaspoons in a litre? I don’t worry too much about it). A good shake for 1 minute. Drain and repeat. Rinse twice with clean water. C41 as normal. Film off the reel and into a sink full of warm water. Rub the remaining remjet off very gently with a microfibre cloth. Into the stabiliser. Done.
Nice, just bought bicarbonate last night

Back