Produce & Share a Zine Round III - Complete (Nov - April 21)

When can you NOT attend a proposed 7.30pm Zoom meeting of 40 minutes to chat about these Zines?

• Total voters
Sorry to hear about your Father-in-law Ian.

Well I've done it now. Just pressed the order button - delivery on May 10th. Best look for some envelopes now.

Oh well that's that uploaded and paid for. More waste paper generated for recycling. :LOL:

Re: Meetup.

My father-in-law was taken into hospital on Monday. Prognosis isn't good and we're on back-and-forth-at-a-moment's-notice at the moment. I can't commit to a date.

I'm thinking a meetup at the end of round IV with an open invite to anyone who's taken part in I-III to attend. Downside is that round IV will likely be May - October with the exchange in November which is a bit of a chilly time for some of the old folks here :)

Also re:Round IV, I'd be up for another one. Also happy to organise it but also [more than] happy to step down if someone else wants to "run" it.
Sorry to hear about your father in law. A meet up in November will be somthing to look foward to.

I say crack on, you're doing a sterling job :)

Ditto

Please carry on and thanks for sorting it all out

If the meeting venue is doable in a day from my nearest main line station (Peterborough) i'll see you there.

Is it Dave/Martin's sandals?
:LOL:

I think internet forums tend to be a male thing in general, I don't know why that is but if only say 20% of active TP members are women and only 0.1% of TP members take part in this then its unlikely to have a woman in the group.

Re: Meetup.

My father-in-law was taken into hospital on Monday. Prognosis isn't good and we're on back-and-forth-at-a-moment's-notice at the moment. I can't commit to a date.

I'm thinking a meetup at the end of round IV with an open invite to anyone who's taken part in I-III to attend. Downside is that round IV will likely be May - October with the exchange in November which is a bit of a chilly time for some of the old folks here :)

Also re:Round IV, I'd be up for another one. Also happy to organise it but also [more than] happy to step down if someone else wants to "run" it.

So sorry to hear that Ian, best wishes to you and yours.

I really like the whole roll challenge idea, I'm sure I would fail miserably at it but I'd be up for a go, may be one for F&C?
Me too.

David @Mr Perceptive where did you get your premium envelopes with the tear off strip from? I'm thinking of doing a bit of turd polishing and wondered how much they cost?

Ordered! Some of you will get cheap Filmdev return envelopes though because: recycling.

If all goes well I'm hoping to score high on presentation to compensate for a low-to-negative score for content this time round. :D

Think my content is reasonably interesting, but presentation and artistic impression not so much, very workmanlike would be a kind description.
Suppose that mirrors myself when I think about it

Last edited:
Just drafting my PM for tomorrow... Thought I'd plug all the postcodes into Google maps to see the spread.

map.jpg

There are 8 of us clustered around the north west, and 3 southerners scattered to the winds.

Mildly interesting.

Right that’s my latest compendium of mediocrity sent to Mixam. Got some more cardboard envelopes on order also, although may not need them if we’re going to meet up? If we are Manchester or Liverpool would seem the most appropriate places?

If all goes well I'm hoping to score high on presentation to compensate for a low-to-negative score for content this time round. :D
You are going to hate mine, I'm definitely ahead on the race to the bottom of the content scale.

We're really selling this to anyone looking to see what this is about before considering roundIV...

That’s because we’re British. If this was America it’d be all, “hey mine is so cool”, “Mine’s gonna blow your socks off, you’re all gonna love it” or “my new zine is just an infinity of awesomeness”. Over here, we’re more like “Meh, you’re all going to be disappointed I’m afraid”

That’s because we’re British. If this was America it’d be all, “hey mine is so cool”, “Mine’s gonna blow your socks off, you’re all gonna love it” or “my new zine is just an infinity of awesomeness”. Over here, we’re more like “Meh, you’re all going to be disappointed I’m afraid”
View: https://youtu.be/V7d79Knc8p4

I'm going to buck the trend - I'm really pleased with mine! That's not to say I'm not aware of the limitations and shortcomings. But them's my photos in actual print, and other people have expressed half an interest in seeing them. What's not to like? (And if you think it's rubbish when it arrives, I'm absolutely don't need to know!)

I'm going to buck the trend - I'm really pleased with mine! That's not to say I'm not aware of the limitations and shortcomings. But them's my photos in actual print, and other people have expressed half an interest in seeing them. What's not to like? (And if you think it's rubbish when it arrives, I'm absolutely don't need to know!)

Don't get me wrong, I really like mine but I sense that my tastes are somewhat esoteric ...

I like mine too. But it's not photography as most on TP appreciate it! :D

Likewise. I don’t tend to photograph nice, scenic landscapes. Or people. Or waterfalls. Or birds on sticks. Or still life. Or motorsports. Or insects. Or.....etc.

But in the unlikely event that you share my enthusiasm for rusty old crap, your levels of disappointment may not be as all encompassing as you might expect.

But in the unlikely event that you share my enthusiasm for rusty old crap, your levels of disappointment may not be as all encompassing as you might expect.
As someone who is on the look out for the 500th lost ball to photograph 'rusty old crap' sounds fine. :)

Right I have checked and double checked and sent everyone who has committed a PM with all the addresses. If you have not received a PM, please let me know. If the address for you is wrong, please sing out on this thread to stop people posting to the wrong house, and then PM me the right address. I'll send out another PM to everyone. I did just do a copy/paste from your PMs though so it should be right :)

As there is a forum limit on group PMs (5 additional people) I had to send multiples out so the worst case is that I missed someone.

I think 15 participants is amazing, so thanks for getting involved.

Hats off to you sir. I think I made about six myself and was fed up by the end!

:clap:

all packed up and ready to go

packages.jpg

although its a 'home produced' booklet about which I am now having second thoughts!!

hey ho as they say it is my first go

hopefully you will enjoy

Gary

Back