professional photographer wanted by a designer

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this forum so please be gentle with me! & Apologies if anything in my post is inappropriate for this board.

I've got a slightly unusual request.

I'm a professional graphic designer looking for a Manchester based professional photographer that I can partner with to exchange services.

I occasionally need photographs taking for projects that I work on. I bought a canon 350d last year trying to get into photography to see if I could do it myself but it's something I've struggled to do. For the standard of photography I'm after I think it's best left to the professionals.

I'm looking for a professional photographer ideally based in Manchester who has a fresh modern, photographic style. I can send you some examples of the style of photography I'm after. Some of the things I 've needed photographing in the past include food, products, portraits and location shots.

I would be willing to redesign your website or produce any other design work (branding, leaflets, brochures, etc) for you in return. Hopefully we can develop a good partnership and also pass each other business.

If this is of interest to you then please get in touch.

A little information about me:
- I've got over 7 years experience in working as a graphic designer
- Skilled in designing for both print and web
- Currently I work full time as a senior graphic designer for a blue chip company but looking to make the jump to permanent freelance shortly
- Been doing freelance design work for a few years
- Based in Tameside, Manchester
- You can view some of my work on my website (check my profile or signature) the website is a bit old and needs to be updated, if you contact me I can send links of recent work I've done.

your speciality pete. ;):LOL:

I would certainly look at something like this if it was my neck of the woods. It's comming into that quiet time of year for commercial work and I do need to revamp my website some.

There must be folks in the north in a simliar situation.

:p Unfortunately I'm only interested in paid as I do my own web design.

Web233, I can't see much of a working relationship on offer, after all there's only so many times I'll need my website re-designed ;)

Hmmm... I have a problem here... you want a 'Professional photographer' but as Pete says it sounds like you don't want to pay for one, well if you are a photographer and you're not getting paid... how can you call yourself a 'Pro'?

Seems to me like you can't engage the services of a Pro without the exchange of money, otherwise aren't you breaching your own definition? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Bit like asking a Lady-of-the-Night for a freebie; if she said 'Yes' wouldn't that downgrade her to the level of a-lass-you-just-met? :LOL:

An idle thought - wonder if the designer forums are full of "Professional designer wanted by photographer" threads?

Come on now people, there's nothing wrong with quid pro quo work. If I was Manchester based I would jump at this.

I agree Hoodi, there seems to be a lot of shooting people down at the moment its not as if the guy has said can someone takes some pics for no payment at all, its one good turn senario. Although I do agree there maybe only so much in the way of a service that he may offer back with regards to design work, but he may have leads to other shoots for other clients who knows.

Just my 1p, can't afford 2p until Friday :LOL:

Come on now people, there's nothing wrong with quid pro quo work. If I was Manchester based I would jump at this.

Technically no. Nothing wrong really. But as I posted, I have a website and could do with cash right now :)

I'm Tameside based (Stalybridge / Ashton), need a wesite, but not good enough on the photography front...... YET ;)

But like meatloaf said "two out of three aint bad" :LOL:

I quite like the idea of skills bartering, its how it was done before money came along (and taxes!)

Hi guys, sorry if it sounded like I wanted something for nothing - I'm don't!

I'm looking for someone I can work with to build up a business relationship to exchange professional services. You can choose to invoice me if you wish.

I have a similar agreement with a professional copywriter, we choose not to invoice each other just exchange services instead. It works very well for both of us, as I also pass on new clients and work to him and similarly he does the same for me.

Hopefully I'm looking for a similar relationship with a photographer - if this isn't your cup of tea then that's fine.

There are lots of people that will look to get work done for nothing or just plain waste your time in business. There are some good opportunities to be had also from having the right contacts.

Web233 might have a thriving design business this time next year, serving clients with large photography budgets. It always pays to keep doors open as well as your mind..... you never know. :)

Web233, you don't get away without a comment your way though. If you're looking to open dialogue with other business people and perhaps start a working relationship, don't you think it would be nice to introduce yourself properly?

There, that's my 2p's worth...... and in true fashion, that'll be one which is mine and the other belonging to the bank. :LOL:

The problem as I see it is the number of requests like this appearing - there was an almost identical offer only a few days ago but the thread was deleted not long after it appeared.

That was also post #1 from a new user...

Imho, if I was'nt interested in this type of post, Id ignore it .. doesnt take long for posts to drop off the page these days ;)

On the other hand, as Dazza says, something like this may be an interesting opportunity to someone here, and if so then its up to that person to check out the deal.

In regard to the other similar recent thread ... it wasnt deleted at all.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=36564&highlight=photographer+wanted

Don't think that's the one - the other one disappeared as I was replying :shrug:

Glo is right here............ :)

If the thread doesn't float your boat, let it sink to the bottom.

Someone with a new business "might" well find this opportunity useful :)

Likewise Hoodi - I already do this for a friend and it works very well for me...Business and more importantly contacts have been made both ways. Great networking opportunity.

One off these days, a genuine request; this looks like one to me, will come up and we'll shoot it down in flames before the poster is in the door. Or maybe we have done that already!

My wife is from Manchester, we are there from time to time, so I may be interested... Drop me a PM.

Neil

I'm just cynical :D Plus I want money money money. I'm putting my kids through college, and by kids I mean I'm buying L glass ;)

Yeah I totally agree, its just hard to trust a random message like this from a first time poster. I am fairly local and if he had something I needed right now I'd probably be contacting him. However, what I need right now is money :)

Funny thing is Pete this may/could lead to opportunity and if yours or anyone elses opening gambit on the site is a negative one, it may put the poster of even considering anyone else. Perhaps an Opportunity Section should be opened up, so that any potential work could be posted in there?

Good points Chewy, I think by nature most of us ( probabley over a "certain age" ( in my case as soon as I was outta nappies :D) tend to be a little cynical.

there have been a few 1st posts ( or very early) that were I would say pretty certainly a scam of some sort or other.
but sometimes in life you have to take a chance...
could be an opener for someone :shrug:

It's not cynical. There is no such thing as cynicism, it's mearly a name given to accurate observation by people not capable of it.

What you have here is paranoia. ;);)

It's not cynical. There is no such thing as cynicism, it's mearly a name given to accurate observation by people not capable of it.

What you have here is paranoia. ;);)

I am Just trying to work out whether I have been insulted or not :bonk:
But its too late in the day to analyse that too closely :D
I am not paraniod 'cause they will never get me in my tin foil lined basement! bugger I have now given it all away! :help:

hey guys I didn't mean to cause all this fuss. I'm sorry if I offended any people.

I can understand why some people thought this might be a scam, in hindsight I should have introduced myself properly before posting a request like this.

But I can assure you I am genuine and if you have any questions please ask away.

I am Just trying to work out whether I have been insulted or not

Now there lies a good question. Some would certainly take it as an insult. A more enlightened, layered person would more than likely be able to see through to the compliment. ;):D:D

This is a standard skills exchange and the main thing to realise is this will only work if two people have a similar level of need. As Chillimoster has touched on this makes brilliant business sense from the Tax point of view.

However, as this exchange offer stands from the Photographer's point of view it is best suited to people who are wanting to go pro or semi/pro and have the need for a website & corporate image.

web233,

on this basis I have PM'ed you (y)

One of my first $10K clients came as the result of a trade I did with a local magazine editor. Carefully considered and arranged, it can be a great thing.

- CJ

My work with Bench came about from freely donating photos to a local mag. Worked out very nicely :)

I can't see anything wrong with this type of proposition.
This is what made the world go around before that capitalist coinage came about.

Shame you can't barter with the local stupidmarket for food provisions.

Hi, I'm new here, I'm just getting into the whole forum posting thing.

I could do with my site tweaking a bit (I'm no web designer), I'm just getting into pro photography, I've done a few white out product shots, hopefully my signature will come up and you can check out my site!

Back