Beginner Profile Portriate Continuity

Name
Con
Edit My Images
Yes
I am a teacher, working online, as our my colleagues. We are all spread-out in various corners of the globe.

I would like to update our individual portiat photos on our company's website. Is there a way that each staff member can go have a photo taken with a the same background color, resolution, exposure and the like, so that each photo is uniformly formatted with the group of photos?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Getting the background sorted shouldn't be too hard to do in pp so long as its a plain background. You could advise them how to stand/angle their head towards the camera along with how close to stand so they all are presented the same way. The hardest bit will be getting the lighting right in my opinion.

Is there a way that the background can be changed at will (electronically of course)?

Is there a way that the background can be changed at will (electronically of course)?

You could spend the time editing each photo to have the same backgrounds by “cutting out” Or masking each staff member using software such as photoshop or photopea.

it would be much easier to try and get your teachers to setup a similar background to begin with if you haven’t tried changing backgrounds in those programs before and lighting would still be an issue if you wanted all the portraits to look uniform.

Somebody could make alot of money (especially now) if they created an app for this situation.

Ultra cheap. Zoom has a background removal function. You could use that to define the background photo and take a screenshot from that.

A big company with a decent budget would be able to define a style guide so that the settings to be used on dSLRs to give a reasonably consistent results by whichever photographer is commissioned in each country. They can also cut out the subject from the background, or use a green screen to speed things up. Cutting out around hair is always the hardest bit.

Lighting, as mentioned, will be the hardest to get even.

Is there a way that each staff member can go have a photo taken with a the same background color, resolution, exposure and the like, so that each photo is uniformly formatted with the group of photos?

Yes; dead easy.

Visit your local studio, tell them exactly what you want, and then send your picture to all your colleagues, ask them to visit a local studio and ask for a picture taking exactly the same.

It's a 10 minute job for a local photographer to copy a standard headshot, make it easy with a black or mid grey background.

If you want to fudge it with a DIY solution - the difficult part is the perspective and lighting. Swapping backgrounds might look like a tricky task to a non photographer, but it's a piece of cake compared to getting the lighting right.

Back