Profoto A1

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Profoto A1 for my Canon set up, with a remote.I now have a Olympus camera and was wondering if i bought a Olympus remote for off camera work, would it work ?

Have you tried the Canon controller on your Olympus camera? I mean, it won't do TTL or HSS, but it will probably still trigger it (and manual power control is purely a function of the controller --> flash. The camera is not involved, so this should also work). This all works with Godox controllers/flashes (I just hand out my Nikon x-Pro's at workshops and they work on almost all cameras). I reckon ProFoto's stuff will be much the same.

Scooter is spot on. Use the Canon trigger and the flash should work in manual mode but not TTL.

If you bought an O Trigger, the result would be exactly the same because the flash's algorithms for TTL are set to a different language.

the result would be exactly the same because the flash's algorithms for TTL are set to a different language.
Godox uses Godox TTL which is why you can use the same ADx00 across all brands cameras with respective trigger, and enjoy full TTL. Now, I can't be 100% sure if this still work with smaller stuff, and whether Profoto can match Godox, but you would hope so considering how much they charge for their badge.

Back