Profoto launch?

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
So Profoto are about to change photography as we know it!?!? Does anyone know what is being launched or do we have to wait and see?

Matt

LOL last time they announced they were changing the world it was a flash trigger with no buttons. I thought it was an April Fool's stunt tbh. The promo video is hilarious It does basic TTL but with no way of adjusting it on the trigger, or manual.. - and so their idea of making it all much simpler, was to shift all the actual controls to an iPhone app - so now you have to hold a camera and a phone to adjust your flash - I mean seriously - what were they smoking in the marketing meeting for this, because I'd like some... I expect this one will be a flash with no bulb or something, or maybe a flying light - that would be genuinely useful :)

I massive helium filled parabolic refector with neutral buoyancy that will follow you around and powerful enough to overpower the sun! I’m sold!!

Well, I have no idea what their world-changing new product is so will just have to wait and see - but I'm not holding my breath:)

Even if it is something really great and not just their usual hype, unless it's priced competitively (compared to Godox, not to Bron) then of course it will fail.

I massive helium filled parabolic refector with neutral buoyancy that will follow you around and powerful enough to overpower the sun! I’m sold!!

Alternatively no need for helium with all the hot air from each new revolutionary product.

LOL last time they announced they were changing the world it was a flash trigger with no buttons.

Agreed their marketing department were smoking something strong for that launch but I didn't think it was a terrible product, just surprised they would release something so niche and then spoil it by not pricing it cheaply enough to make much sense over the standard remotes.

the B2 kit is on a big offer at B&H, so I'd imagine something along those lines...

Last edited:
oh my god, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

The funniest thing about these launches is watching all the YouTube ProFoto fanboys trying to keep their integrity whilst still lauding what is essentially a small LED torch for $500 :D

I mean, come on - if you want flash for a portable pocket-able camera, don't spend $500 getting an LED light for your phone, get a small camera for your cheap speedlight.

(or a Godox A1 - which is a: a real flash and b: allows use of the rest of the Godox flash line-up with your phone - inc studio heads..)

Back