ProgadgetsUK

Edit My Images
No
Has anyone ever dealt with Progadgetsuk on eBay? Asking for a friend who wants an FX camera.

This seller has great feedback. 100% positive feedback with over 6000 feedback responses in the past 12 months.

They have the following:
- Nikon D5 for £3994 new. States it is in the UK so there is no unexpected import duty, etc. 3yr warranty included.
- Nikon D810 for £1679. States it is in the UK so there is no unexpected import duty, etc. 3yr warranty included.

Now, I'm very well aware this is grey market but these prices are hard to pass up. If it can be serviced with someone other than Nikon, why would this not be worthing serious consideration? Could they be counterfeit with that much positive feedback?

I'm ver curious if any of you have dealt with them or have any opinions on this attractive pricing.

Their
3yr warranty included.
might only be any good IF they remain trading?

Not sure I'd risk it, but if you are willing DO NOT pay by direct bank transfer.

Last edited:
Due diligence ...
  • Check their UK address and telephone number, do they really exist there?
  • Check Google for any problems others have experienced.

Bought my used 400mm f/2.8 from them, no problems at all, also my 70-200 f/2.8E came from there originally again no issues.

At least they have a UK store unlike others who do grey stock.

Progadgetsuk
I suggest you google them. They used to have a forwarding address in a Regus serviced office. Basically you pay £30-40 a month to make it look like you have an office address.

UK price for a D5 is around £5400 - now why would that be attractively prices at £1500 less? You do get what you pay for

Is progadgetUK the same company as progadget? (Walsall addy)

Where is that?

HI gramps, judging by the responses it looks like I'm mistaken, I do remember a store address being on my invoice for the 400mm, with 6 months warranty, so either I was mistaken or things have changed in the last year!

The prices certainly look too good to be true. There is this unknown hanging overhead. Address, possibility of counterfeit items, VAT charges to retrieve ones order from customs.....I think I’ll recommend my friend pass on this seller.

Back