Programs for video/slideshow editing

Name
Catherine
Edit My Images
No
I want to try myself in video editing and I thought about making a video for my friend's birthday: just some of ours archive videos combined into one long video or maybe a slideshow. I know there are plenty of programs for doing that and many online services but I wanted to ask whether there is any good option for a beginner, because when you first look at the descriptions of the programs it seems as if they all are the best. :D Windows Movie Maker is here for me always but maybe there are some other options? I just want to download my short videos and combine them into a long one or maybe have thematic birthday templates and probably add some music as a background. Thanks in advance!

Adobe premier elements is easy to use. You will find a limited time free download if you look on the internet. I bought the product ( about£ 80 so doesn't seem cheap until compared with other products) having used previous versions. so muich one can do with it as well, too much to post on here so best go for the trial version first

For example (ignore the clicking I forgot to stop auto focus)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAdx5fj-XVw

to this for a bit of fun of doing old time style
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yto9he6qMs&t=3s

Last edited:
again with adobe premier elements2020 a little slide show i made and added music not that hard to do. joining videos together no real problem but watching videos within the program will help. Put the videos on the 3 different tracks in the program then slide on behind the other on the same track and delete gap. Sound odd but understood if you have the program

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhekX0Frcqk

Last edited:
For slideshows "Pictures to exe" appears to be the go to for AV clubs. It creates a standalone exe which runs on a Windows PC - no good for Apple I believe.

programs it seems as if they all are the best. :D

and just to prove your point you have about 6 different replies :)

All decent video programs will do what you require.. You need to take the leap and then learn how to use it... Thats what i did.. the one i chose has loads of helpful videos online so everytime i wanted to do something i look d it up... it will be the same for whichever one you choose :)

and just to prove your point you have about 6 different replies :)

All decent video programs will do what you require.. You need to take the leap and then learn how to use it... Thats what i did.. the one i chose has loads of helpful videos online so everytime i wanted to do something i look d it up... it will be the same for whichever one you choose :)

OK, which one did you go for then?

OK, which one did you go for then?

the reason i didnt say was because i would just be adding to the confusion ... i pointed out he would gte many different replies..so whats the point of me adding? and that the best way was to choose one and learn it...

as he probably has now then no harm in saying... Vegas Pro .. and dozens of youtube help videos later i can put somehting together:)

the reason i didnt say was because i would just be adding to the confusion ... i pointed out he would gte many different replies..so whats the point of me adding? and that the best way was to choose one and learn it...

as he probably has now then no harm in saying... Vegas Pro .. and dozens of youtube help videos later i can put somehting together:)

Thank you, the reason I asked was I was looking. Is it a free one, or a paid for one? I have downloaded Davinci Resolve again (another new confuser - this one should be up to the job). Hopefully that is my search 'resolved' !

Back