Promoting your website - any tips?

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
I have recently built a new website and have added quite a lot of content to it. I plan to put together a few photography packages (for weddings, portraits etc) in the next few weeks after I have completed my freebee weddings in August.

I'm not currently getting many hits to the website (probably 3-8 per day tops) and was wondering if anyone has tips on increasing traffic?

I dont want to go down the route of paid advertising just yet - although i'll probably look into this for the end of the year.

Cheers

I don't see any keywords in your meta tags for your home page, sitemaps can help too, in fact why not visit Google's Webmaster Tools , there's a shedload of useful advice there to help you get more hits ---> Clicky Here It can take quite a long time to get good listings on Google.

A few suggestions:

Exchange links with other "relevant" websites

add your website to all of the best "link directories"

decide on the main "keyword searches" by which you want people to find your site and then make sure they are optimised on your website

Add your website to your profile/signature in forums like this

It takes quite a lot of effort to get a high ranking site and it's a continous process

Simon

couple of suggestions i will also add. I will also put my money were my mouth is, its my Job.

Current SEO trends,

DOs
- 1 way links from relavent industries. Try and get them for free. If you do pay make sure its a quality link before your money goes.

-code the site to validate, well coded will help spiders read your site.
-Write content that is relavent with select keywords.
- wait, unfortunatly its not an over night process, i have a client whos site is 8 years and scores very well for majority of words.

Do Not -
- Link farm links, or create links.htm/php etc
- keyword stuff
- META Keyword tags will not improve your site listings. Google has moved on.
- try and fool search engines with duplicate content. Its a long time in googles blacklist.

If you want i will pm you a more direct approach and then you can implement it.

You can add yourself as local business on Google, that'll show up under certain search terms and above the actual search results...seems to work nicely for my site :)

Otherwise, you have social networking sites such as Facebook, which are great for generating traffic :)

Back