ProPhoto website templates?

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I am looking at re-vamping my website. My current site is built in Mac's iWeb and hosted on MobileMe. I find iWeb quite cludgy and slow, not very well SE optimized, and generally boring. I'd like to upgrade.
I own an IT business employing a few developers - I can develop on various platforms myself, and would consider writing the website myself using ASP.NET or PHP, but thought I might as well use one of the various templates that are already out there written specifically for Photographers.

So, I have looked at the ProPhoto3 template by Netrivet quite extensively. Can anyone point me in the direction of the other similar templates available out there?

Many thanks,

Nigel

Nigel, I'm sure you are aware the ProPhoto theme is a Wordpress blog them, is it a blog or website you are after?

If you are looking for a simple to use template site have a look at Photium or Clikpic for starters and there are many more out there such as BluDomain which is a Flash based site.

I use ProPhoto for my weddings and Photium for my equine stuff, both are very different in their approach and final offerings but each of them meets my requirements respectively.

I've moved this to the appropriate forum btw. (y)

I love ProPhoto, it does let you set things up how you like. But you don't really get away from it looking like a blog ( Although with work mine soon wont do with any luck )

For a simple way to get a "website" Photium is probably a good choice.

Thanks for the responses guys.

My apologies for not clarifying - in essence, I am after a blog. I like the homepage of my site to be a blog which I update on a regular basis (although I haven't achieved this lately being that I got married a month ago! :p) But I also require static pages as well. Here's my website currently: nigelivy.com

I like the structure of my current site, I just want more functionality and a better platform - I believe the ProPhoto template offers both of these. Would you recommend ProPhoto as the best option?

I bought ProPhoto yesterday (just as well with sterling going down the toilet!)....I'm no stranger to playing with code, spent weeks on my previous Wordpress theme, but it's a pleasure using ProPhoto! Very impressed so far. Still tinkering.....

Back