Proud new D810 owner

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I will be when it arrives :) just hit the purchase button after downsizing the amount of gear I had to free up some funds.

I used to have a D800e and did like the cropability of these beasts but I did notice the focus lagging compared to my newer D7200 and hope the newer D810 is quicker than the D800e to focus as I'd like to keep it on my 500mm f4 and then the D7200 can stay on the 300mm PF as a lovely light walk around combo/attached to pro clip on my rucksack stop while walking (I've really taken to the proclip it's so quick and easy to use)

Anyway I will get some images up this weekend if I can get out and weather improves :)

Any tips from owners appreciated

I'm also intrigued to see how much quieter the shutter mechanism is especially in Q mode, part of the decision was already having accessories still from the D800e (Nikon cabled remote shutter with timers, sandisk extreme compact flash and kirk arca Swiss tripod plate), the D750 was a close call though!

D810 & D7200 are my pair too Adam and I use the 500 f4 on both.
I don't think that you will find any lagging with it, the AF is based on the D4S if I remember correctly and I find the Group Area AF to be very useful for wildlife :)

D810 & D7200 are my pair too Adam and I use the 500 f4 on both.
I don't think that you will find any lagging with it, the AF is based on the D4S if I remember correctly and I find the Group Area AF to be very useful for wildlife :)
Thanks Roger that group AF is something else I was interested in seeing it in action keep reading good things about it

Fantastic, beast of a camera.
Quiet mode isn't much to write home about though. Although the regular shutter sound on the d810 is probably the nicest sounding shutter I've used.
Enjoy the beast.

It's being delivered tomorrow and I'm all the way up in Sheffield with work ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Group focus on the D750 is brilliant,i`m sure the 810 is equally as good. Enjoy your new purchase mate.

Congrats, I've often thought about this camera, but would obviously mean a complete change of gear.

My wedding photographer shoots with a pair of these and Im looking forward to next year to seeing what they are like :)

Just back from Sheffield after a very long journey picked it up from work on way through as was delivered at 10am this morning :) only checked it all looks ok and battery now on charge not sure I'll get to play tonight as so tired after the 300mile drive in heavy traffic for most of way, quick hold of it without lens feels really nice deeper grip I would say from d800e which felt very nice in hand, more to follow over the weekend

Took it out today was horrible and misty on exmoor so nothing really usable which was disappointed as came across around 100'golden plover grazing and there just seem to be hundreds more arriving by the minute so not sure if they just arriving for winter? Or was I lucky to come across an area they were feeding ? Anyway back to D810 and what a lovely shutter sound nothing like any other Nikon I have owned it's quite but still pronounced and oozes quality if that's possible from a shutter sound :) I think I made the right decision

I've been looking at these for about 9 months now, and finally thinking of purchasing. Tempted to sell all my dx gear on and have the D810 as my personal camera

I've been looking at these for about 9 months now, and finally thinking of purchasing. Tempted to sell all my dx gear on and have the D810 as my personal camera
One of the reason that helped was I still had sandisk extreme compact flash card along with nikon genuine cable remote and kirk tripod plate, if you have to sell everything consider the D750 as its a very capable and raved about camera and around 500 cheaper at grey prices

Golden Plovers winter here in good numbers according to my book, liking upland moors but being more prevalent further north :)

I'm ideally after the D810 due to the fx format and the 36mp feature. That to me makes the price justifiable. I do have a couple of fx lenses but I'll have to see what my dx stuff is worth first

I'll be aiming more towards owls and landscape/cityscape shots

The cropability factor is amazing and when I sold my d800e I really noticed the difference even to a 24mb camera

Back