Proud owner of a Sigma 105mm macro

Name
Nicola
Edit My Images
Yes
Waited so long for this lens and finally it's mine, my kind OH bought it as a Xmas prezzie. I am allowed it early but so far it has remained in the box while I argue with myself over whether or not to take it early or wait for Christmas. :)

Congratulations Nicola. If it was me, it would be out of the box and in use in two shakes. On the other hand, Kiasmum would wait until Christmas. I just have NO self-discipline!:|

Whenever you start using it, enjoy your new lens!

There is a rumour that lens kept in their boxes can develop fungus :shrug:. I suggest, as everyone else, to take it out and make sure it is ok!

Good choice, this is a great lens, i love mine.

I think your OH should wrap it up and you shouldn't touch it until christmas:nono::LOL:

ive seen pics from this lens in action with ultra close ups ... brill ..! whats the clarity like for portraits / general use etc ... any pics ?

So far it's still taunting me from the box. I want to use it but then the child within also wants something to unwrap on Xmas day.

So far it's still taunting me from the box. I want to use it but then the child within also wants something to unwrap on Xmas day.

Just wrap up the empty box then.:)

I did think about using it now and theng iving it back to be wrapped up!

I'd wait until Christmas, even though it would kill me to do so

Theres only 4 weeks to go!

Christmas presents should be for Christmas!

A lot of pictures can be taken in four weeks. Go on you know you want to, then you can blame all of us for tempting you into opening it early.

Rob.

Wait till xmas, get a notebook and write down ideas for shots you could take xmas day, build up that anticipation, you will enjoy it much more.:eek:

And the woman within can be a devious creature.

Open it now, and kind OH might think "I'm glad I got her that, she is really happy, but I really should get her something to unwrap on x*** day"

As I see it, the solution is obvious. Use it, hide the box, and buy yourself another lens to open on Christmas day:LOL:

My OH bought me the Sigma 150 macro for xmas and allowed me to check it over (fondle :)) for an hour or so before it went back in the box. Roll on Xmas!!

Back