PS help

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
How do arrange your toolbar, or whatever its called on the right hand side? Each time I minimise PS the toolbars are left on my screen, I cant seem to get each one to stay in its place.

Sounds like your palettes have become undocked. Quick fix is to click on 'window' on the top toolbar, then 'Workspace' and then depending on which version of PS you have, it will be either, from memory, reset workspace or default.

This will take you back to the original desktop workspace when you first installed PS. Change it to how you want and then you can save the workspace so you can always get it back.

I think thats what you meant, hope that solves it.

seaDog

Thats it yeah, thanks man. Ive got CS4. On CS you have the zoom bar on the right which you can drag in/out to zoo with. Do you know where that is in CS4?

Also iam trying to blend in a couple of images into each other using the eraser tool, with a soft brush but the edge of the image isnt blending in with the background. Anyone know why?

Thats it yeah, thanks man. Ive got CS4. On CS you have the zoom bar on the right which you can drag in/out to zoo with. Do you know where that is in CS4?

Click the 'Window' menu at the top and click on 'Navigator' and you will get the zoom bar back up again with a smaller image of your work.

I will come back to you later for help with the selection for two images.

seaDog

Also iam trying to blend in a couple of images into each other using the eraser tool, with a soft brush but the edge of the image isnt blending in with the background. Anyone know why?

You really need to know how to use Quick Masks, you will have more control than when using the eraser tool and it is a good workflow to get into. Below is a link to a video tutorial on Quick Masks in CS4. This is not the only way to use Quick Masks but it is a good intro for you.

http://www.video-tutes.com/player/player.php?id=1086&T_id=1

Have a look and let us know if it helps you.

seaDog

Thanks, will try it out later when iam in from work. What are quick masks? Do you know why iam having trouble with the eraser tool ***?

Back