PS + LR - Quality issues when "edit in PS"

Name
kane
Edit My Images
No
Please see picture.
I am editing some interior design work.
I do tweaks in lightroom, then "edit in photoshop" where I work on laters and combine, then export back to LR for final tweaks.

But I noticed when I sent to PS - the quality and colour has been severly altered.

What is going on here? The whole colour profile and quality in the leather has been lost?!

The left one is PS - The right one is LR.
WILL JACKSON - SOUTHPORT - OLDHAM SESSION - SHOT BY KANO KANE.jpg

Please see picture.
I am editing some interior design work.
I do tweaks in lightroom, then "edit in photoshop" where I work on laters and combine, then export back to LR for final tweaks.

But I noticed when I sent to PS - the quality and colour has been severly altered.

What is going on here? The whole colour profile and quality in the leather has been lost?!

The left one is PS - The right one is LR.
View attachment 399832

But you are NOT comparing Lightroom to Photoshop. The image on the right is Preview.

EDIT -

They are screen grabs, both in LIGHTROOM and PHOTOSHOP respectively. Then opened in desktop and screen grabbed both.

EDIT -

They are screen grabs, both in LIGHTROOM and PHOTOSHOP respectively. Then opened in desktop and screen grabbed both.
If you are trying to colour match between software then you HAVE to show screen grabs of the image open in the software that you are using and NOT in third party software.

Both screen grabs are from ADOBE. The one in PS is after I used "EDIT IN PS" option in LR.

What colour space are you are you using when exporting to PS?
What is your working colour space set to in PS and how do you have PS setup to handle colours when a profile is mismatched.

Finally what version if LR are you using. There was a version that did have a bug and was exporting images to PS without custom profiles (ie non Adobe ones)

What colour space are you are you using when exporting to PS?
What is your working colour space set to in PS and how do you have PS setup to handle colours when a profile is mismatched.

Finally what version if LR are you using. There was a version that did have a bug and was exporting images to PS without custom profiles (ie non Adobe ones)

In LR, colour space is set to ProPhotoRGB.
Can't locate colourspace in PS? I am not sure how it is set up, I have always just assumed it was set up perhaps without changes, so just as a general preset?

I am using LR CLASSIC 8.4.1

In LR, colour space is set to ProPhotoRGB.
Can't locate colourspace in PS? I am not sure how it is set up, I have always just assumed it was set up perhaps without changes, so just as a general preset?

I am using LR CLASSIC 8.4.1
PS Colour spaces is set in Edit->Colour Settings

In here your Working Space RGB should be set to ProPhoto RGB or if you prefer to leave that as the default Adobe RGB then you need to ensure that under Colour management policies the RGB setting is set to Preserve Embedded Profiles.

I really can't remember which version of LR had the issue with Custom Profiles but the latest version of LR Classic is 12.5 and it has been fixed for quite a while now.

If the above didn't solve your problem then in LR make sure you are using an Adobe standard profile like Adobe Colour instead of a camera specific or custom one and see if you still see a difference.

Back