Ps3

Is it possible to upload showbox onto my ps3 plz ..
Isn't showbox a means to stream illegal content? Apologises if it has a legitimate use, but if not then I doubt the mods would be keen on the question.

Isn't showbox a means to stream illegal content? Apologises if it has a legitimate use, but if not then I doubt the mods would be keen on the question.

It will be under the pretence that its not illegal to stream content over the web. The illegal part applies to the hosting of the content and where it is sourced from.

Last edited by a moderator:
The courts have ruled differently

If you install something and the main specific purpose is to download content illegally then you are breaking the law.

Just to clarify, something like Kodi is legal, it is when you install a separate program onto it to access copyrighted content for free (like the OP is asking about here for his ps3) you are then breaking the law

Last edited:
The courts have ruled differently

If you install something and the main specific purpose is to download content illegally then you are breaking the law.

Just to clarify, something like Kodi is legal, it is when you install a separate program onto it to access copyrighted content for free (like the OP is asking about here for his ps3) you are then breaking the law

But showbox is an app that does not need to be modified in anyway by a user but allows you to stream content without downloading it and that was deemed as not being illegal by the 2014 ruling from the Court of Justice of the European Union.

Unless there has been a new court ruling since then that I am unaware of.

Mind you Brexit may change things completely for the UK and hopefully take away some of this dubiety :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You would be downloading a program to your devise and you also need another install another app to enable you to view the content, it is this process that was ruled illegal.

A chap who was selling "loaded" android boxes was recently prosecuted for this.

To use these apps to access copyrighted content has been declared illegal

HERE is the article I read recently

Here are some salient quotes from it:

“If, however, they are designed, produced or adapted for the purpose of gaining unauthorised access to copyright content or subscription services – such as Sky and BT Sports – they become illegal.”

“Some people tend to think this is a grey area. However, it is very black and white. Selling pre-configured streaming devices that allow access to content you normally would have to pay for is illegal. Similarly, using one of these illegally pre-configured devices to stream and watch TV, sports and films without a legitimate subscription or the right permissions, is also breaking the law.”

Back