PSE6 RAW controls

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a quickie. Could someone tell me if the RAW controls in PSE6 are the same as CS3 (i.e. Exposure, Recovery, Fill Light, Blacks, Brightness, Contrast, Clarity, Vibrance, Saturation) or are they indentical to the PSE5 Raw Controls (i.e. Exposure, Shadows, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation and a tab with Sharpness, Luminance, CNR)?

The reason why I ask is that for my course at college I'm using CS3 but at home I'm using PSE5. I can't afford CS3 but I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile upgrading to PSE6 in the hope that PSE6 has similar RAW controls to CS3.

I've tried googling to find the answer but failed miserably.

Thanks

I afraid I can't help you with PSE6, as I've only got PSE3, but were you aware Adobe have released PSE7, might be worth investigating. :shrug:

Hi,

I use PSE6 and can tell you it has the same functions as you say CS3 has '(i.e. Exposure, Recovery, Fill Light, Blacks, Brightness, Contrast, Clarity, Vibrance, Saturation)'

S

The second tab in PSE 6 does not have as many options as CS3, I believe, with only sharpness, luminance and color noise reduction. Probably the same as PSE 5. There are some other differences that might make PSE 6 upgrade worth it to you, but I don't think it will be the RAW capabilities. (Don't get me wrong...I use PSE 6; and shoot almost entirely in RAW with my D80 and D300.

Just a quickie. Could someone tell me if the RAW controls in PSE6 are the same as CS3 (i.e. Exposure, Recovery, Fill Light, Blacks, Brightness, Contrast, Clarity, Vibrance, Saturation) or are they indentical to the PSE5 Raw Controls (i.e. Exposure, Shadows, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation and a tab with Sharpness, Luminance, CNR)?

Curiously, I have PSE5 and it has the same RAW controls as you list for CS3. :thinking:

I afraid I can't help you with PSE6, as I've only got PSE3, but were you aware Adobe have released PSE7, might be worth investigating. :shrug:

Yes bazzer, I've done some investigating wrt to PSE7 and from what I can make out the major changes concern the browser side of things with the editing changes being mainly cosmetic.

Hi,

I use PSE6 and can tell you it has the same functions as you say CS3 has '(i.e. Exposure, Recovery, Fill Light, Blacks, Brightness, Contrast, Clarity, Vibrance, Saturation)'

S

The second tab in PSE 6 does not have as many options as CS3, I believe, with only sharpness, luminance and color noise reduction. Probably the same as PSE 5. There are some other differences that might make PSE 6 upgrade worth it to you, but I don't think it will be the RAW capabilities. (Don't get me wrong...I use PSE 6; and shoot almost entirely in RAW with my D80 and D300.

Thanks for the info. That's what I was hoping to hear. (y)

Curiously, I have PSE5 and it has the same RAW controls as you list for CS3. :thinking:

How strange! Although I did purchase my 'cheap' copy from Amazon about a year ago so now wondering if it might be a hooky copy.:thinking:

...the major changes concern the browser side of things...

Ain't that the truth?! Recently upgraded from PSE5 to PSE6 and the organiser locks up VERY often, requiring a CAD to unfreeze the machine :nono:

I'm actually considering rolling back to PSE5.

Back