Pseudoscorpion number two

Edit My Images
Yes
I only got a few quick pics of this one as i was on my way home and thought i would check one area i had been before as i was walking past.

I Just wound back the magnification to about 3x as the bark it was on was so colourful. I actual prefer these three shots than the first thread as i didn't worry about the reflections and went with my normal light for the springtails.

Pseudoscorpion by T0P cat, on Flickr

This one looks like he has stolen some boiled sweets and legged it. :p

So jealous Tom, love these critters not ever seen any so fingers crossed for me this year.

As last year was my first spring and I was cr@p really looking forward to this year. But my list of wants from last year is massive. Lol

Great shots needs a tad more diffusion but are on right tracks with lighting and contrast hasn't been affected by it so good job reflective critters like this are a nightmare.

Some really nice shots Tom, with some great colours and detail. Your decision to rack out a bit and include some surrounding detail has certainly paid off on this occasion.(y)

One or two blown highlights so I'm with Bryn on this one that maybe a little more diffusion on your lighting would pay off.

George.

I love these guys, although I've never actually found one myself (others I was with at the time found them) I was able to photograph them and I have to say they really are a PITA to get good shots of, so I very much admire these. Last time I was shooting one I spent about half an hour trying to get a good shot and wasn't particularly happy with any of them. Will go back at some point and see if there is anything to salvage.

Anyway, excellent hunting skills and you've got some really nice captures to boot!

Thanks guys. I know where you are coming from Tim. The first one with the springtails was giving me the same grief. I was with him for over ten minutes and took probably 30 shots and none of them came out as i had hoped. I even tried stacking but his claws were going up and down.

Amazing little creature the first shots my favourite it's excellent and as you say the bark is really colourful :)

Back