PT-04 eBay triggers and pre flash?

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
with a decent flash like a Canon 420 or 430 if I use the ebay triggers will I be able to have a pre flash?

Nope....I've been pondering the same thing, so I'm going to buy myself a small torch and try that, although I get the feeling it will be a bit of a juggle with something like a 70-200 on the camera...

Intereting thought with regards to focusing in the dark. If your using a tripod, how about using bungees to strap a torch to the forward leg?

Intereting thought with regards to focusing in the dark. If your using a tripod, how about using bungees to strap a torch to the forward leg?

ive used a little LED torch before, if im working in flash with manual settings the cameras mettering doesnt seem needed.

Another thought I have just had, I have a camping lantern that can be switched on by remote, its pretty bright.
I reckon it could be placed just out of shot, turn it on via remote to focuse, then off for the shot itself. All without having to move from the camera. It has a fange of about 20-30 meters so could well work. Ill have to try it sometime!

generally you dont need a pwerful light to focus with in my attick conversion i use a well placed desk lamp to help with focusing, the flashes give mnore light and never had a problem with the colour casts.

I always use a handheld LED torch when doing night photography to get the focus first, then just switch it off and take photo as normal. Its simple and saves faffing about.

how about a lazer pointer on the subject? One of my Urban Exploration pals has one mounted using a home made bracket onto his camera!

you could try turning the light on!!! :wacky::coat:

Nope....I've been pondering the same thing, so I'm going to buy myself a small torch and try that, although I get the feeling it will be a bit of a juggle with something like a 70-200 on the camera...

Elastic band it onto your trigger, if it's only a pocket torch! :)

Isnt there some kind of AF assist Hotshoe?

my older crappy flash has a read beam that turns on when i push my shutter to half press, if you could have a hot shoe that just did this it would work great.

Back