PTSD

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone have or know of anyone who has this?

obviously its hard to talk about it without the feeling of being weak and not being strong enough

I will tell you all if you ask every thing i have been through if you want to know

it has come from 7 years ago to present so far

I do find it hard sometimes but i seem to be getting along ok i guess
just thought i would let people know if your interested

It depends in what form.

I saw my mate killed by a truck at work around 7 years ago, I feel ok now but if I start to talk about it I cry.

If you feel that you need to get something off your chest, there are better places than this to do it.

Phil.

As above, go see your GP. Sounds like you may require counselling/psychology input and magbe even medication.

Short temper and short memory

I have spoken to people so it's not like I'm asking on here for help

Just wondering how many might have it or know anyone

know a couple of people...thankfully they got the help they needed and as far as i know are doing better than they were.

I know a couple of soilders who've had it as a result of their combat experiences - like other have said you need to seek some counselling, theres nothing weak in asking for help

I have had help and am a soldier myself

But like others I thought I would be labeled weak

But like others I thought I would be labeled weak

thats the biggest barrier to people asking for help imo - particularly in the more 'macho' feilds like forces and police. In my view theres nothing weak about asking for help, having the cojones to admit that you need it is considerably braver than pretending you don't

Brad, what is it you're looking for? another ear? A different perspective? A distant listener? Someone to scream at that means you're not hurting those close to you?

Your opening post seems to mask something, or I may be reading something that's not there. I can understand the need to speak to someone so remote that they will never know you and it does have it's appeal.

Just remember, your mind is the most powerful tool you have, however things seem, they can always be seen different ;)

Phil.

Nope just wondering what people views are and who else might have it here

Another thing I find is I can't word things properly or forget how I was going to word things
:)

Of the three people I know who had been afflicted, one was a soldier who had returned from Afghanistan, one was a refugee from a third world country where he had been trained a child soldier and struggled to come to terms with the people he had killed, and the third was someone who had been gangraped.

PTSD occurs in many forms from many different types of stress.

I too have lapses in putting words in the right order, I keep getting my wucking mords fuddled ;)

Nope just wondering what people views are and who else might have it here

as a ex Kingo I know were you are coming from, have I got PTSD good question, some old mates say yes, I've never seen anyone about it
are you still in the green stuff? there are a lot of support groups these days for ex forces when I came out there was none (21 years ago) apart from combat stress who can not cope with the work load

are you weak in asking for help >> hell no, a lot who don't ask find themselves in prison after taking it out on their family

stay safe

Yeah still in
Have had help and still am

I know a few blokes from the same tour took to drink and are now out and thats only made it worse

I in the other hand have not touched the stuff

I have been told I had PTSD after something that happend at work and although I dont have the problems I had I still don't feel I am back to 100% I know it can be hard but proffesional help is the best way

I have PTSD unfortunately its is the the worst one,i have been told it wont go away,i have to take a large amount of meds a day to keep it under control,i dont sleep to well every night its really bad nightmares,and daytime flashbacks shakes that sometime lead to fits & seizures,when it get very bad i have had to spent time in hospital.
I spend 8years seeing an clinical psychologist she was very good,unfortunately she had to retied,now i just rely on my meds,but i do have a contact number if things get bad,but with the cutbacks in mental health its a bit hit and miss.

But try to seek help,but theses days it can be a bit miss & hit

Back