Public Highway - Missed deadline - Doh

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Like a tw*t I entered my entry too late (18hrs )....but a deadline is a deadline :hissyfit: ;)

Might as well share here then & good luck to all entrants :)

PublicHighwayv2.jpg

Stupid thing is i took the shot weeks ago, but as you do, you hang on for that better shot :nut: :laugh1:

as wayne would say..

'DE-NIED'

Unlucky dude. I was waiting for a better shot, but having missed the deadline on the last compo put an alarm on my mobile a couple of days before (anal, moi?)

no wonder the trains run late, no drainage there at all......;)

Brilliant timing on that shot, with the car and everything. As for the trains - it's obvious. Wrong kind of refelcted leaves on the track...

Shame...but still an excellent shot and a good idea to show it anyway. :thumb:

regards

Catdaddy said:
Brilliant timing on that shot, with the car and everything. As for the trains - it's obvious. Wrong kind of refelcted leaves on the track...

:laugh1: Now that would be a Photoshop challenge....

Excellent shot mate.
Sorry I didn't enter it for you. As soon as the closing time/date had passed I uploaded them all to the gallery and put it online, and as the gallery was already up and public (and I had already received votes), I didn't think it fair to add it.

I meant to reply to your email but got sidetracked. Really sorry dude.

FWIW It's a lovely shot.

No probs Marcel...rules is rules :) . My punishment for choosing too hard a theme ;)

DJW said:
No probs Marcel...rules is rules :) . My punishment for choosing too hard a theme ;)

Nope, your punishment is a severe and sound whipping at the hands of mr EosD, our resident dungeonmaster. :D

Some people pay for that sort of thing - there's a whole top-shelf genre dedicated to the subject, I believe...

Arkady said:
Some people pay for that sort of thing - there's a whole top-shelf genre dedicated to the subject, I believe...

You believe? Sorry, Rob, I thought you took most of the photos... :whistling

Nice shot - if it wasn't for the car it would look like there is a large Scalextric track running under the aquaduct :D

Matt.

now where did i leave my gimp-mask......

EosD said:
now where did i leave my gimp-mask......

:shock:

If you have the rest of the outfit, do we get to call you Sp@nky W@nky, the gimp Teletubby?

Time for botty spank spank...

:bum1: :getmecoat

Well I can honestly say that your shot easily had mine beaten, its a real shame you missed the deadline :(

I personally struggled with capturing something original for this theme but think your shot is very clever. Unlucky mate.

Well coming frmo you sir that is a compliment. Definitely a hard one....amazing how you can think a theme will be easy only to come unstuck :doh:

The one shot I really wanted was a burger van parked in a layby near here that is painted in a livid orange jamacian beach scene. Just couldn't work an angle that included the road correctly, plus some of the lorry drivers grabbing a coffee definitely looked like "Zed" & would have no problems inserting an orange somewhere :shock: :D

If I were you, Dave, I'd be rather chuffed that I'd taken a pic like that in the first place. I don't think it would look out of place in a textbook on photography, mate. Well done!

I agree with the others, and I was honestly gutted that I couldn't include it. IMO it sums up the theme perfectly.

Not to worry, will kick Steve's a$$ next month ;) :laugh1:

DJW said:
Not to worry, will kick Steve's a$$ next month ;) :laugh1:

Quite probably :p

I was thinking theme wise for the next round of "A picture of the sunset taken yesterday in the Alps with a snow covered valley" :whistle2:

Photos to follow later :innocent:

Back